Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Not as easy as it looks

Monday night I stayed up to make two rainbow blocks for the modern guild. There must have been something wrong with the strips because it warped when I cut, and it warped when I sewed. I starched the second one. It turned out better and I went to bed.
I was awake and up before 8. I read e-mail, and listened to audios. I folded laundry, and cleared some of the items on the dining room table.  I put away the quilts from the show.  I completely forgot to exercise, just like yesterday. All of a sudden, it was time to leave. I grabbed the Lutheran Rose quilt and drove off. It was still before 11 when I arrived at the new guild. I think they call themselves Sew Faithful Quilters. I showed it to the lady in charge because she indicated two weeks ago that she wanted to see it before I turned it in to my church. I talked to some other ladies, but Beverly left before I got to talk to her. On the way out, I met Ann, who asked for the pattern. I promised to bring her one in two weeks. From there, I stopped at the Asian store for kimbap, kimchi, and sprouts. When I got home, I juiced most of the kale, a few carrots, some celery, and a handful of the sprouts. After I cleaned up, I called Beverly. The conversation went longer than I intended and I had to beg off for breakfast. I fixed that next. And I ate the kimbap.  After breakfast, I wanted to listen to an audio outside. The tablet couldn't quite handle that one, so I used the laptop. I raked in the back yard. The sun wasn't so bright as to inspire sunbathing. When I came in, it was 3 o'clock. I went downstairs to make another rainbow block. This time I sewed white strips on the top and bottom before slashing the middle of the block. I am not sure that helped. But it didn't hurt. Then I made a pattern for Ann.  I had already come upstairs to stir the chili when Chris arrived. The chili was ready, so we ate some of it. I also made a salad. I called Sue (whom I have only met once) to get some more info on a lab coat she wants me to embroider for a 3-year old.  Chris put sweet potatoes in the oven to cook for tomorrow.  I was too full to eat one.  I sat and did nothing but digest. Then we watched two episodes of Detective Linley Mysteries. I thought I might get some strips cut before bed, but it was already 10. We put the cooled sweet potatoes away and went to bed.

No comments: