Monday, October 14, 2013

Too early to go to bed

Sunday night
It was too early to go to bed. So, I took the cashews and sunflower seeds that had been soaking most of the day, and processed them into seed cheese. With some fermented coconut milk to start the process, I left it to ferment. Then Chris looked up a hummus recipe, hopefully the one we used last time. I processed the ingredients a few at a time like it said. I had a hard time getting a quarter cup of juice from a lemon. Took me 2 ½ lemons. Finally it was time to add the chick peas. I did not put them all in at once. And still the immersion blender did not blend them all. And I had to wait for it to cool down to finish the process. When I realized it just needed more liquid, I added coconut oil and more lemon juice. It turned out fine and I put in the frig and went to bed.

    Monday
                   I did not feel like getting out of bed, and Chris was sleeping late, so it wasn't until 9:30 that I got going. I read e-mail while waiting for the water to boil. I juiced kale and carrots and celery. After cleaning up, I made breakfast. I read e-mail while I ate. Then I packed lunch, and a few projects and went to the church. I guess since it was a holiday, many ladies had other plans. The crowd was never bigger than 5. I sewed the comfy quilt blocks. Dinah and I discussed selling on E-bay. She makes vintage-style doll dresses. I gave Rebecca two denim rug backings. At 4:30, I left, leaving Laurie by herself. She said she'd be ok. Chris was home when I got there. I ate the rest of the liver for supper. I took a walk around in the yard barefoot, to enjoy the last of the sun. I practiced for Reformation. I read e-mail, then worked on the charity block for the modern quilt guild. Before I finished, Chris told me it was almost 7. So we drove to the library to return the DVD's and get more. When we got home, we watched the remaining two episodes of Forever Knight and prepared the DVD to return to Netflix.  As I wrote this post, Chris was in the kitchen fixing chili to cook in the crockpot tomorrow. I may sew some more before I go to bed.
 * pic from the quilt show and the blocks I made today.  *

No comments: