Thursday, October 3, 2013

A lot of work

I got up at 8:45, leaving Chris asleep. I read e-mail, and answered e-mail. I started exercising which woke up Chris. I practiced my trombone, and took out the recyclables. On the way back, I raked just because the sun felt so good. I juiced veggies. I timed it from getting the produce out to finishing cleanup and it took me 34 minutes. Also, I threw in a clove of garlic. Although it was better than chewing a clove, it did not improve the flavor of the drink. Ugh. 
I listened to audios, ate breakfast, and kept listening. I took my tablet downstairs to play while I cut out gold curved pieces. Then I ate lunch, and emptied the dishwasher. I also swept floor, trying to figure out the next step. I decided to put glue on the outer edge of the gold pieces to prevent fraying. I put the gold curves under the blue, and pinned them to the white background.  I painted the blue edges with starch, and basted near the edge of the gold.  I took a break to work upstairs on the communion banner. I found that no software I have does everything I need. I returned to the rose. I lined it all with paper and satin stitched the gold and then the blue. I tried several different feet. I liked the edge stitch foot because it kept the stitches from pulling together. But the metal edge stop bunched up the background. When the stitching was complete, I removed the paper.  I had to square up the white, which was easy with a 20.5 inch square ruler. I added the red border strips, pressing them open and being careful not to touch the gold, which will melt (or worse). It was 7pm, and Chris had meatloaf ready. I ate it with a salad. We watched two episodes of Forever Knight and went to bed.

No comments: