Sunday, October 6, 2013

Our 23rd Anniversary

Chris woke me in the middle of the night to turn off my phone.  It was making the low battery sound.  I don't know why since I charged it on Friday.  We got up about 9:30. I was surprised that it was so late, and made Chris doublecheck on the check-out time. It was 11. And we just barely made it, taking showers, packing, eating breakfast (he ate the leftover french fries). As I was packing, my back spasmed. Just lovely. I was able to quickly lay on my back to stop it. But I had to be careful for the rest of the day. From the motel, we drove down the street to see Indian Falls. It was a trickle of water falling about 10 feet. Chris saw some scuppernongs nearby and picked them for us to eat. Then we drove to Desoto Falls. It was quite the site. Especially the lady who was sunning herself down on the rocks beyond the railing. I think someone told on her because a park official showed up and she had to leave. While I was taking pics of the scenery, a lady offered to take our pic with my camera. Then Chris returned the favor for her. I am the photographer in the family, so I don't know why people always ask him to take their picture. The rock formations were impressive and I really wanted to climb on them, but not with a bad back. Then we drove home to Huntsville, which took several hours. We unpacked the car and I put a bag of frozen peas on my back. We read e-mail and had a bite to eat. Then we went to the library to return DVD's and get some more. On to the grocery store.
  Chris was walking funny because his Achilles tendon hurt. But we got our usual groceries. Then we came home to put them away. I guess I read more e-mail, and then laid down for awhile. When I got up, it was to cut Chris' hair. He spied a really large cucumber. It was old, but I ate it anyway. It was suppertime so he ate, too, and read e-mail. I went down to work on the pulpit cloth. Chris did a load of colored laundry and threw my new rug in. We watched an episode of Inspector Morse. Chris came up and I stayed down to iron the fabric that came out of the dryer. It was covered in small threads. I guess the rug needed to be washed on its own.

No comments: