Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Looking at sewing machines

I stayed in bed late, just not feeling like getting up. So finally I did some tapping, and I was able to get up without using any willpower. I read e-mail, and exercised. Chris came home, due to the gov't being unfunded. I left for the Baptist church on Jordan lane. I went to return to Beverly the pages she lent me. I stayed to talk to her and several others. The leader showed me her stained glass quilt. It was amazing. Sadly I did not have my camera with me. She was taking orders for the pattern (not hers), but I did not want to take on another project, especially one so ambitious. After the group broke up, she and I went to a nearby thrift shop to see three machines I had been told about. None of them had cords, but the person in charge said they did. He was unable to locate them. He brought out a 4th machine, with cord and case. It had a sample of the stitching. I re-wound the bobbin, and re-threaded the machine. The next set of stitching was much better. Beverly was not sure if she wanted it, so I packed it in the case, and we left. It had taken me so long to turn left into the parking lot that I wasn't even going to try turning left to get back on the road. I went home a new way. Chris was playing a computer game when I got home. I juiced some veggies, then took the juicer parts outside to spray off with the hose. I got a little wet in the process. Then I fixed breakfast and ate it. I laid in the sun, and then it was almost time for the farmer's market. I took my supplements and headed out. I bought apples, tomatoes and green leafy something. I read e-mail. I put on an audio and went to the garage to work on Sri Yantra. I numbered all of the triangles on two drawings, one for a master, and one to cut up. Then I heard the Skype beep. It was Kurt. I had to bring the laptop up to plug in while I wrote to him. When the conversation was over, I went back down. I turned my attention to a vesica pisces version of a banner, when I realized that it would be easier with software then with a pencil. So I finished the audio by handquilting Barbara's quilt. Then I went upstairs to the computer. I worked in MS Paint for awhile. I practiced my trombone. We ate supper. I Skyped with Kurt again, waiting for Chris to be ready to watch TV. When he was ready, we watched two episodes of Inspector Morse. He went to bed, and soon so shall I.
*  This is my fish quilt with borders  *

1 comment:

Daniel Efosa Uyi said...

hey nice post meh, I love your style of blogging here. this post reminded me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog: Achieving That Goal .
keep up the good work friend. I will be back to read more of your posts.

Regards