Friday, October 4, 2013

Trip to Desoto State Park

We slept late because Chris wasn't feeling well. I made him feel better. He made coffee and I started off with e-mail. Then he got a notification that someone in his office was needed, so he went in to work, after telling me to return the DVD's we borrowed last Sunday. I renewed my book on CD (which I haven't even opened yet) online. I sorted the bag of greens I bought at the farmer's market. Some were not good any more. I juiced the good ones, and added some carrots. It tasted bad, even with stevia. I took an e-mail break, and then cleaned up. I made breakfast for three days. I noticed the sun, and put on my suit. I went outside, but the sun was behind a cloud. I laid out anyway, and the sun made several appearances. I checked the garden for tomatoes, and then noticed the truck from the pest control company. I opened the garage for him. He sprayed and checked the bait traps. He sprayed and checked bait traps outside. After he left, I took a shower, and packed. I sewed the bow back onto one shoe. I started an audio, and renewed the DVDs online so I wouldn't have to drive to the library. I layered the rose top with batting and backing. I pinned it and quilted it in several places. I will probably add more. Chris came home just before 5. He changed his clothes and packed. We ate supper, then packed our laptops. I am not sure when we got on the road. Chris typed in the address to the GPS, but it did not accept it. So he typed in something close to it. We played a book on CD called the Murder of King Tut. It was very interesting. As we drove, it got dark. Chris followed the GPS and we found ourselves on smaller and smaller roads, dirt roads, and finally someone's driveway. The family was outside, enjoying the evening. Chris asked them for directions and they wrote the steps on a sheet of paper. Then we followed the directions. Interestingly, the GPS seconded everything we did. When we got to the lodge, we checked in, and were assigned a motel room. We moved in and set up our laptops. We listened to the rest of the second CD. Then Chris went to sleep and I stayed up to blog.
*  This is the rug I made on Monday.  *

No comments: