Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Doctors, doctors everywhere, but not a one for me.

I got up about 9:30 and read e-mail. I called the dr and the dr said... Wait, that sounds like a chant I learned as a child. But this one ends differently. The receptionist said “ the dr is not accepting new patients at this time.” Good thing I'm not a monkey with a broken head. I looked up drs on the preferred provider list who might be accepting new patients. Although, according to the website, they all are. Even him. Oh well. I made juice with kale and broccoli. As I cleaned up the juicer parts outside, I realized what a sunny day it was, so I laid down in the sun for 20 minutes. I was feeling almost normal. With all that activity, you would think I wasn't going anywhere, but I did want to work with the Tuesday group who was making Christmas stockings for the old folks home. Chris put my sewing machine in my car for me before he left for work. So I packed a lunch and my sewing box. I arrived about 12:40. I talked to a lady in parking lot who was leaving. Then I went in to find that they were turning in their stockings and packing up the machines. They said lunch was an hour ago. I gave the rose pattern to Joan to give to Ann. I talked to Beverly, and I got another dr. recommendation, and a pattern for the stocking. On the way home, I stopped at the Asian store for kimbap. I ate that with kimchi for lunch. I read e-mail, and called the recommended Dr. He was on the PP list. But the lady who answered would not confirm that he was accepting new patients and promised the office manager would call me tomorrow. While listening my way through the audios of the day, I worked on a Swansons order, trying to up the total to the free shipping level. I also worked several Sudoku puzzles. When Chris came home, I shut off the audio and watched him make his burrito. Then I made breakfast since it never got made today. I also had a shot of fermented cold liver oil. The bottle came with a blunt syringe. I am not sure how they expect me to fill it. I finished the previous audio and heard one more. Then we went down to watch two episodes of Forever Knight. He laid out his clothes for work and went to bed.
*  This is Carolyn's Steeler's quilt.  *

No comments: