Tuesday, September 30, 2014

To deal or not to deal

It was a relatively good night except that there were at least three critters trying to get under the tent. They did not worry me, but the scratching kept me awake. I got up soon after 7 and went in the house. I laid down until 8, then turned on the router and read and deleted e-mail. I called Parker but only got her voicemail. I exercised and listened to part of an audio. Parker's assistant called me back. She insisted that we needed a lawyer and right away, that these people had no intention of leaving. She said they were real estate agents not lawyers, if Parker or I wrote an eviction letter it would not have all the right wording and the waiting period would have to start all over again when we finally did turn it over to a lawyer. She did not back it up with any facts, only her repeated assertion. Then I called Denise for her opinion and for eviction letters that she has used in the past. She suggested I call apartment complexes in the locale. So I did. That lady said they used a lawyer but she did not think it necessary. Then I called our health insurance to get help logging onto the site to see our EOB. I called Linda Thompson and set up a time to quilt. It was 11:30 by then, so I skipped the usual Tuesday group and went for gas and kimbap. My tank was lower than I had ever seen it. The Asian store also had dried squid – or so I thought, but it was dried fish and did not taste as good. I came home to eat the kimbap and try the fish. I read e-mail, and returned Jennifer's call. It was about a green powder I bought on Amazon. I laid out in the sun for 20 minutes, knowing that I won't get to do much more of that. I was in my sewing room working on the second red banner when Parker called. She said the tenants came in with a $1200 check and wanted the 'rent until February' deal but would take the cash for keys deal. I told her I would have to talk to Chris. Then I called a random real estate agent in Pinehurst to ask a few questions. He seemed to think that accepting any money from them would reset the clock and it would take more time to get them out. Then I rushed to the Farmer's mkt. I had egg cartons in my car to give to the people who sell eggs. I was happy to get rid of them and she was happy to have them. I bought a pepper and lettuce from the hydroponics man. Because this is the last market of the season, he invited me to come by the farm (J. Sparks) and see the operation. Then I went to Hancocks for pillow forms. I also bought fabric (surprise, surprise), chanting “Honduras” as I swiped my credit card. When I got home, I boiled eggs for supper and ate one. I called Mary and got her advice on which of the three options to take. Denise had called, so I called her back. Her husbands opinion was that we might as well hire a lawyer now because it will come to that anyway. I skyped with Chris and he agreed with what Mary and I talked about. Then I tapped and went to bed.
*  I did not take any pics today so here is one from the Chattanooga show.  *

No comments: