Tuesday, February 3, 2015

At least I have food now

I laid in bed last night with two pillows under me so my head was at the best angle for my sinuses to drain. However, my back was not entirely pleased with that posture. So I woke up in the middle of the night and had to revert to the original position. I fell asleep and then my nose closed up. I got up at 6 to drink some water and blow my nose. I did the lymphatic massage and laid in the recliner. But it, too, became uncomfortable after a while. I went back to bed. I lingered long after the alarm went off at 8. Finally I got up to put on my fleece robe and drink as many cups of hot tea as I could, trying to sweat it out. I called Beverly and told her I wasn’t coming today. I called Dad and told him about my findings on dental implants. He was sorry to hear I was sick and said Dr. Del Sordo recommended breathing into a steaming towel. So I put a towel in the bathroom sink and boiled a tea kettle of water. I poured the water on the towel, and draped another towel over my head to catch the steam. It was so hot I could not stand it for long. Then I got the idea to add a few drops of essential oils. It had cooled off a little and was perfect. I could breathe clearly after that. But I boiled another pot anyway. I also put some cashews and sunflower seeds in a jar to soak. I was going to make hummus, but it required fresh lemon juice and I did not have any. I read about vaccs online, and made breakfast. I took a shower, and went to the grocery store. I wore my gloves so I wouldn’t touch any germy surface. There was no organic coconut milk, so I had to get another variety. The organic veggies got moved around. Now they are filed in with all the other vegetables. I brought my groceries home and put them away. I got the mail, but it was all junk. I finished my breakfast. I watched a video on growing sprouts. I worked today’s Sudoku puzzle. I put away the basket of folded laundry. I sorted the recyclables looking for lightweight cardboard. My findings were taken downstairs where I cut them up into diamonds half an inch smaller than the pieces of fabric that I cut a few days ago. I found some low loft batting scraps and cut them to fit the cardboard. Then I glued the batting to the cardboard and glued the fabric over the batting to the back of the cardboard. It was sticky business and I kept thinking there must be a cleaner and easier way. After doing 5, I decided to work on another project. It involved a making a heart block for a lady whose daughter died in December. The colors given were red and black. So I came up to google heart blocks on the internet. My stomach was bothering me a little. Chris skyped me. And then Kurt skyped me. He shared a link of a video with graphics set to space music. I was still feeling sick to my stomach, so I ate the rest of the kimchi. I boiled the quinoa and ate some of it with kimchi juice. I also made fermented nut cheese and left it to ferment over night. Then I sat in my recliner and looked at a quilting magazine. I sat there for a long time, not wanting to go to bed because lying down might make my stomach feel worse. But it felt so unproductive that finally I decided to blog and try going to bed.
* this is a picture of a statue in front of the Tegus airport *

No comments: