Friday, February 27, 2015

Leonard Nimoy: lived long and prospered

At 7:30 I awoke to the sound of my phone. It did not sound like the alarm and then I realized that it was ringing. So I got up to answer it but did not make it in time, partly because I fumbled trying to open it. Have I mentioned that Go phones are hard to open? It was Parker and I called her back. We talked and came up with a plan to submit to the contractor for a lower price. Then I swished and exercised. I noticed ants on the diningroom table. That was odd because there is no food there. And there was no trail of ants from a window or door. Where did they come from? Did Scotty beam them down? I rinsed all the sets of seeds.
I made another papaya seed smoothie. I juiced carrots and the rest of the mung bean sprouts. I put the carrot pulp in the smoothie. That added a lot of bulk and I was unable to finish eating it. After some time of reading e-mail, I drank some of the juice, and later the rest. I thought Denise was coming at 10 so I got dressed. She called about noon to ask if it was a good time to come over. She was here by 12:30. We talked, and I shared some of my fermented foods with her. I let her finish the smoothie. Then we went downstairs so she could see my one and only jellyroll quilt top. Then she helped me bring in the fabric from my car (which was supposed to go to church for the quilting event which was canceled.) She told me that Leonard Nimoy had died. I was shocked and saddened. Then she went through one of the tubs to find fabric to make a charity quilt. She had brought several ideas on paper. She tentatively pulled out fabric for four quilts, but narrowed it down to two. It was awfully cold in the garage, so we took the two stacks of fabric into the basement, which actually felt warm in comparison. She measured the pieces while I cleared my cutting table and made a stack of the blocks I had been working on. Then she said something that has never been said in my sewing room before - “we don't have enough fabric.” She was referring to donated fabric of course. I pulled out some of mine from a cabinet and we chose several to make up the shortage. Then we laid them out in the TV area to make a sort of rectangle. We talked about how to start the construction process. Then she wanted to know what time it was. So I went upstairs to read the clock. In a minute, she followed me. It was 4 and she needed to go home. First she had to make a phone call. I checked my computer and saw that Maryann was on Skype. So after Denise left, I called Maryann. She told me about her new diet and showed me the books. Her son said 'hi'. Her husband came on briefly to show their whale statue and ask about 5 pointed stars. Maryann asked when we finished Barbara's quilt. I tried to find it on my blog, certain that I had posted a pic of it. After 2 hours, she had to go. By that time Chris was on and waiting for me to Skype him. I told him to call me in 10 minutes and went to make breakfast. While making it, I noticed that the basement door was slightly ajar. In closing it, I saw that the lights were still on. I went down to turn them off, and saw that the iron was still on. I turned everything off and came up. I ate while I talked to Chris. I also worked on my rhombic hexecontehedron. Kurt texted me on Skype while I was talking to Chris. Kurt continued after Chris hung up. I watched an episode of X-Files. I worked the Sudoku puzzle for Monday. I ate some hummus with freshly minced garlic. I put out some essential oil mix for repelling ants. I ate some sweet potato and baked onion. I stacked the dishwasher. I threw out food scraps. I did some tapping as things occurred to me. I checked my phone and saw that Mirna called earlier. I tried calling her back but the call dropped. I read past blog posts for Mondays until I identified the last post that talked about working on Barbara's quilt. It was the last Monday in October. But there was no pic posted. Of course it wasn't finished until someone (Dinah I think) put a binding on it. That would have been November. So here is the last one I took (on Nov 17th) before it was given to her son at a later date.

No comments: