Sunday, February 15, 2015

Called into court

Last night I put on three corners of the sheet. Hey, it was late and 3 out of 4 isn't bad. I had to wear pajama pants under my nightgown to keep warm in spite of all the quilts on my bed. I got up at 8 with the alarm to lay in the sun on guest bed. It was false advertising. It looked warm but it wasn't. The outside temp had gone down to 20. I swished and checked e-mail. I exercised. I washed my face with oil and took a shower. I got partially dressed, and then made breakfast. I read e-mail as I ate breakfast and even started an audio, but there wasn't time to finish. I left my breakfast and finished getting dressed. I grabbed my choir folder and grocery list and drove to church. I put the cross for the cross wall in the office. Art gave me my giving statement for last year. I opened it while waiting for choir to start warm up. Then I put my coat and purse in the pew. As we sang, JenQ stood beside me just in time to sing the notes I didn't know. After the warm up, I sat to peruse the bulletin. Rachel handed me a form to answer questions about her sermon. I reluctantly agreed. Tim V came over to ask me to see Art after the service to learn how he does the offering. Then my phone rang and I rushed to open it to stop the sound. When I heard an automated voice, I nearly hung up, then pulled the phone back to my ear to make sure it was a telemarketing call. The voice said I had to report to the court at 8:30 or have my license revoked. What?!? It gave a number but I could not get a pen fast enough and then it was over. I turned my phone off so that if it called back, it would have to leave a message. I told myself this couldn't be right. Surely if it was jury duty, I would have been notified by mail. Then again, our mail gets misdelivered sometimes. Did I break a traffic law on the way to church? During the sermon I listened carefully to be able to answer the questions on the sheet. But my mind kept going back to the phone call. After the service, I jotted down a few answers, and then grabbed my purse to go catch Art. But Paige came over to ask about my trip to Honduras. And Art left. I composed an answer to the last question, and then folded the paper. I put it in Rachel's box because she didn't say otherwise. I looked in the fellowship hall to see if Art was there. He was not. Several people asked me about Honduras. Then I put on my coat and went to Publix. I got the groceries on my list. They were nearly out of jugs of water and low on organic English cucumbers. Supposedly there is a storm coming. Should I be worried? I was more worried about the phone call. When I got home and carried my food inside, I got the number from my phone and googled it. It belonged to the Tuscaloosa Courthouse. I called but got an automated message about hours and such. I looked it up on a map. It was west of Birmingham. I was pretty sure I had never driven through there. I resolved to call tomorrow, but then realized that tomorrow is a holiday. I finished breakfast and put the groceries away. I listened to a meditation. I nearly fell asleep. I went outside to wrap up the kale for the really cold weather. I finished the gut audio. I called Terry but spoke to her husband. I made hummus. I ate some with broccoli from kimchi. I listened to another audio. I finished blanket-stitching a little ornament from the December guild meeting. I worked the Sudoku puzzle for tomorrow. Chris skyped me. I did the Sudoku puzzle for Tuesday and cleaned up in the kitchen and unstacked the dishwasher. I ate some aloe leaf. 'Leaf' hardly describes it though. I folded the laundry. I was going to sew, then watch an episode of X-Files and then tap before going to bed. But I thought I could sew by hand while watching X-Files. And that episode ended with “To be continued” so I HAD to watch the next one as well. They were too interesting for me to to anything but watch – and sip some tea Jennifer gave me. Then I packed the DVD back into its red mailer. I listened to some Rife audios on Youtube while reading BeMore magazine and looking up triacontehedrons. I found out that the length and width of the rhombi involved are in the golden ratio, which is why the acute angle is 63 degrees.
* These are the heart blocks donated on Thursday *

No comments: