Friday, February 20, 2015

Trying something new

I thought I just barely heard my alarm ring several times. But then it came through clearly and so I got up and turned it off and checked to see if there had been any calls. Nope. I went back to bed. I got up at 9 to make lemon water and to soak the seeds again. They must be sprouting because the volume is increasing. I watched a new documentary film called Bought, which is being shown for free until March 6th. It was very good, but also long – an hour and a half. There was one slide showing 9 graphs of various health problems vs. use of ingredients in vaccines. I wish there had been a way to capture that and post it. They also talked about GMOs, and neonicotinoids and factory farmed animals. I juiced celery, orange peppers, mung bean sprouts. I can honestly say it wasn't disgusting. Is that why I have never been asked to do a commercial for green juice? Then I realized I hadn't exercised, but it was too late. I made and ate breakfast. I found another sprout maker. I left Mirna a message. I noticed the snow was falling and it was beautiful. I checked on my Swanson's order which is taking longer than usual to be delivered. I was still looking for foods, etc that discourage or kill parasites. I tried boiling garlic and adding wormwood capsules. I looked at decorating ideas on Pinterest and sent a link to Parker about painting counter tops. I ate liver and onions and hummus for supper. Then I went downstairs to sew. It was cold down there and I had to put on a coat. I made two long, narrow quilted strips to catch in the basement door and front door to stop the drafts. Then I changed my mind about the sashing fabric I had picked out for the DGS blocks. I settled on another one and ironed it and cut it into strips before I could change my mind again. I thought I heard the skype sound so I came up to check. I had a message from Chris but it was an hour old. I skyped him and we talked for almost half an hour. I worked on my crochet dishcloth as we talked. Then he went to bed. In an effort to close some of the many windows I have open, I tried to exhaust whatever searches I was making at the time. I may have closed two. Internet Explorer stopped working and I was unable to get it back up again. Now it is time to rinse my sprouts and start some new batches.
* This is the dishcloth Pat made and the one I tried to knit. *

No comments: