Thursday, February 5, 2015

Designing woman

I had a hard time sleeping last night. Sniffing the towel helped, but the congestion came back after a while. Then I propped myself up on pillows and put a tissue with lavender and orange essential oils on it. Breathing that was not a miracle cure, but I did fall asleep eventually and woke up about 7:30. I blew my nose a lot and was very productive, if you know what I mean. I moved the air purifier unit to the den. I swished with coconut oil, and that brought up stuff from my throat. I called Parker and left a message. I wrote a check and put it in the mail. I got online to look up the best essential oils for congestion. Peppermint was one, so I followed the directions to rub coconut oil on my chest and add two drops of the oil. I put on one of Chris’ old t-shirts. I made hot water in the coffee maker and added licorice tea flakes. I sipped it as I read e-mail. I felt pretty good actually. I boiled all my toothbrushes. Then I sat in the sun in the guest room, looking at a quilting magazine. I did my exercises. Denise called to see how I was doing. She encouraged me to see a doctor in case I had picked up a parasite. I juiced a cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, and carrots. Then Parker called. She said we could have the house on the market before March once all the decisions are made. I drank the juice and cleaned juicer. I started making breakfast. Jennifer called to see how I was doing. She hopes to see me Sunday for the anthem. Finally I ate breakfast. Then I walked outside, looking at newly appeared buds, and picking up sticks. It was a sunny day, but cold. I brought in the mail and the recycle container. I researched oil of oregano. i drank a mug of hot water with lemon and two drops of clove oil, because I did not have oregano oil. I rested and nearly fell asleep. Then I made a small dish of fiber mixed with coconut milk to get things moving. I saw that Parker sent me pictures of countertops and tiles from Lowes. I looked up the most popular counter tops and colors for bathrooms. Gray. Gray? Then I composed note to Parker, and cleared more e-mail. I did the Sudoku puzzles for yesterday and today. I cooked up ground beef with brussels sprouts, garlic, and onion. It wasn’t that great, and will be less so tomorrow when it is cold. Then I got an amazing idea for enlarging the small old master bath by removing the wall between it and the hall bath. I tried to sketch it out on paper. Parker sent me ideas for the bathrooms with pics from Lowes. Chris skyped me. He was falling asleep so the call was not long. I spent the rest of the evening sketching bathroom fixtures and looking online for the dimensions of built-ins. Eight by twelve sounded like a huge space, but getting two toilets in with some privacy and a double sink was a challenge - not to mention it would be nice not to have to move the plumbing.

No comments: