Tuesday, February 10, 2015

It's totally cool

I got up during the night to breathe into a wet towel because my air passages were so dry. I had a hard time getting back to sleep. The alarm went off at 7:30 and every 10 minutes after that. I called Parker at 7:50 and left a message. My voice sounded terrible. It was almost 9 when I got out of bed to swish and check e-mail. At 10:05 I went to quilting. Ladies came by to see what I was doing. When I explained how the pieces of hexecontahedron fit together, they asked why I would want to make one. I told them I needed a handsewing project. But really, I just think it's totally cool. Jane showed me her panel quilt. After the meeting, I went to the Asian store for kimbap, kimchi, sprouts, and nori. The lady apologized for the kimbap, but I assured her that my absence was due to visiting my husband and not to the quality of the kimbap. I ate some of it on the way home. I ate the rest with kimchi at home, and put the rest of the kimchi in a jar to ‘age’. I listened to a gut audio while I saved all the pictures that Parker send yesterday. I ate a fig and nearly fell asleep. I forced myself outside to clip some monkey grass. I could see more daffodil buds. I checked e-mail again. Parker called. She answered all the questions I could think of, and promised to e-mail Mr. John for installation prices. I made my breakfast and listened to another gut audio. There are four or five a day so I had to pick carefully since I can’t listen to all of them. I skyped with Kurt regarding his tooth, his whole tooth and nothing but his tooth. Sadly he had a root canal yesterday. I noticed that the red spot on my forehead seems to be gone now that air purifier is in the den. Or it could be the clove oil. I turned the Christmas lights on by the kale since the weather had gotten cold again. Jennifer called me to talk about essential oils. She was ordering some so I added oregano oil to her order. Then Chris skyped me and I filled him in on Parker’s call. I went back to skyping with Kurt. Then I went downstairs to fold laundry. But instead, I ironed a piece of fabric, and auditioned it for the DGS blocks. I did not like that, so I tried a dark gray, but the blocks still seemed to float. I put them aside, and cut up strips of heavy cardstock from the junk mail. I made 5 sets of 5 diamonds. Then I gathered up the laundry and brought it upstairs. But it’s time for bed now.
* this is Jane's panel quilt *

No comments: