Monday, February 9, 2015

Hanging out with friends

I heard the alarm go off at 8, but stayed in bed until 8:22. I got a good start on the day with swishing and exercising. Then I checked e-mail and juiced. I got dressed and put the Netflix in the mail. There was already a bunch of mail in the box and I wondered if it had been there all weekend. Later it occurred to me that maybe the mail was really early today. I made breakfast and ate it, then meditated. Suddenly it was noon. I grabbed my sewing box and machine, rolled them to Chris’ car, and drove to the church on Whitesburg. I was warmly greeted by all the ladies. I talked about my trip. I trimmed the Do.Good.Stitches blocks to three sizes – 12.5, 12.25 and 12.0. Then I was going to move on to my next project, but no other ones were in the box. So I sat and talked to the ladies and watched them work on their projects. Walter came by with a pair of pants he wanted hemmed. He gave me the two dollars he owed me from last time and he asked if I wanted another project and I said no. But Alice said she would do it for free. So that worked out well for everyone, except maybe Alice, but she didn’t seem to mind. It was after three when the last of us packed up and headed out. Instead of going straight home, I went past our street and around the block for a little extra practice. I noticed that the flag on the mailbox was still up, so it must have gone early. I put my sewing stuff back in the basement and added the triangle project. I put the Do.Good.Stitches blocks on the cutting table to await the choosing of a sashing. I checked e-mail and saw four from Parker. She had met with the professional handyman and took pics of some of the things that needed addressing. She also sent a list of comps that sold recently. But that was a link that did not look like a link at first, so I wrote back to say I did not get the pics. Her post of recommendations was the same e-mail she sent four days ago, so I remarked on that. I composed a list of responses and questions based on the new pics of the house. I took a break to cook supper. I browned half an onion and added two eggs. After the eggs, I tried some fermented nut cheese with chocolate. Nah. I guess complementary foods do not have the transitive property. Chocolate goes with dates, dates go with fermented nut cheese, but chocolate does nothing for the nuts. Having eaten, I finished the comment list and sent it. I read some e-mail and listened to a meditation and did some tapping. I called Parker but it went to voicemail. I tapped for frustration. I reread her e-mails and discovered the link. I looked at the comps. Then I read her comments about painting the inside and outside of the kitchen cabinets and putting in new countertops in order to get the lower price she has been saying we could get all along. I was listening to an audio on gut health and parasites when Chris skyped me from his hotel in Texas. We talked about the whole getting-the-house-on-the-market situation and how I feel like I have to keep poking our agent to get stuff done. We had connection problems several times and I spent the interludes cleaning up clutter on the dining room table. Then he had to go. I tried to check her pics again, but for some reason most of them were not showing up anymore. I took notes for my blog. I finished the audio. I decluttered more of the dining room table. I set my phone alarm for 7:30 so I can try my call again. And then it was bedtime.
* This is Lynette's triangle quilt. *

No comments: