Wednesday, February 25, 2015

From zero to snow in 60


I woke up really early. I went back to bed. I heard the alarm at 8 and got up to swish. Parker called and I had to spit it out to talk to her. We spent hours on the phone and then she had to go. I exercised, and soaked sprouts. I checked e-mail. I boiled coffee for detox. I listened to a tapping audio but it stopped abruptly. For some reason my laptop decided to reboot itself. I started another audio on the desktop. Parker called back. We talked for hours again, but we got all our decisions hammered out. She promised to lay it out in a pdf for the contractor and to run it by me tomorrow. While we were talking, it started snowing. Within an hour, the ground was completely covered. And it kept coming down. First the Lenten supper was canceled. Then the service got canceled. Later choir was canceled, too. I finished my detox, and made a papaya seed smoothie in the magic bullet. It actually tasted good. My stomach had been rumbling with hunger, but that stopped it for awhile. I started another audio and cleaned the bathroom and hung up towels, etc. I bundled up and went outside to get the mail. Part of me wanted to stay out there in the silence and walk around. Another part thought it was a shame to leave footprints in the snow. In the mailbox was a Netflix Dvd – the perfect thing on a snowy evening. I listened to another tapping audio on tapping with your kids. I ate some liver with sprouts and part of a baked onions and sweet potato. I finished that audio and started another (they are posting 3 a day). I went outside to brush the snow off of the thermometer. It was just above 30. And the scene was stunningly beautiful. Every limb outlined in snow against the night sky. I started an episode of X-Files, and then Chris skyped me. I don't know why, but I worked a Sudoku puzzle while talking to him. We got cut off at one point when the lights flickered and the electricity went out. My computer was still on, but wi-fi went down. I called back when it came on again. After he hung up, I went back to the episode. But I still could not resist working on the puzzle. I had to place it far away so I could concentrate on and enjoy the story. When it was over, I realized my hands had red itchy spots and figured it was some sort of food allergy. Papaya seeds? I put on some lotion and went back to the computer. I read about papaya seeds. I wrote to Michele. I started another batch of seeds in the sprouter that I emptied tonight. The batch in progress smells funny and I don't know what happened. Then it was time to go to bed.
* This picture was taken at night, but the computer software lightened it. *

No comments: