Monday, April 6, 2015

Counting on my tablet

I woke up around 7. I only got up to go to the bathroom, but then I felt like staying up. At least, until I sat down to reactivate my 8am alarms on the phone. So I went back to bed, but that did not last long. Soon I was up again, turning on the router, swishing and exercising. I juiced, meditated, and made breakfast. I put on a black dress, and went to the church on Whitesburg. Carolyn I. was driving by as I walked up to the church, so I waited for her. We went in and met two other quilters. I gave Carolyn B a hug. Then some of us went to Zoe's for a bite to eat before the funeral. I only went for the company. We got back in time and found a seat for all of us in the back. But the church was full and the parking lot fuller. It was a great service: lots of good music and a trombone soloist. The pastor did all the speaking. Lou did not want testimonials or a eulogy, so he got great music instead. Then on the way out, Lauri showed me where the squares were for the heart blocks we are doing for Carolyn B. I told her what a great service it was and how much I enjoyed the music. I was amazed how calm I was. Then it was one o'clock so I drove home (in Chris' car) to change clothes, eat a carrot and go to my church to count the offering. Bertha, who lives near my church, said her power was out this morning. I took my tablet, thinking that there was no power for the printing calculator. Well, when I got there, the church did have power. I hadn't had a chance to unbox the calculator and load it with paper, so I just used the tablet. That did not work so well because it had a touch screen so you can't just run your finger down the list of figures to double check them. And we had to do a LOT of double-checking. Triple checking even. And the tablet spreadsheet was too bulky for adding a small amount of numbers because of having to type the function in at the end. Then when we finished, I asked about the Thursday and Friday services and he said we'd do them later. On the way home, I stopped at the fish market. They were out of salmon, so I got cod and snapper, knowing I would have to cook them. Denise had called while I was counting, so I called her back when we got home, but it wasn't a good time for her to talk. I sliced the fish into small pieces and stir-fried them in coconut oil. Denise called back and we had a nice chat. Chris skyped while I was talking to Denise, so when she was done, I called him back. He had talked to the commander of the Naval base in Korea and had a few things to say: the house there was partially furnished. His new office would be across the hall from one of the Admiral's offices. Chris was the second choice (the first one turned down the job). They liked his Imcom background. So then he was falling asleep and I started a Sudoku puzzle. He hung up and I finished that one and did several others to catch up (there is one a day). I meant to finish the Tuesday block but...oh well. It was time to go to bed.
* I think this is Rebecca's quilt from last Monday *

No comments: