Thursday, April 23, 2015

I did it!

I woke up before the alarm but did not get up until then. I tipped the mower battery onto the bathroom scale to weigh it. That must not have been a good way to measure because the scale read 25 and my sewing machine weighs that much or more. I got dressed and took out the recyclables. On the way back, I saw that a bucket of dirty rainwater that I was saving for plants had swimming things in it. That made me think of mosquitoes so I poured it out. I came in to check e-mail and listen to the last Philosopher's Notes episode. I read e-mail and followed links, swished and exercised. I noticed the kitchen was full of ants, so I put out ant bait. I was washing spinach to juice when Parker called. She said she was meeting with a couple tonight and expected them to make an offer. She promised to call afterward. I updated the Disclosure form and e-mailed it to her. She had sent pics (which did not come through). They've had a lot of rain but the basement is dry. After her call, I finished washing the spinach and sprouts. I juiced and then made breakfast. I went to Stitch-Its with my new light. The car stalled after going through an intersection. With so much going on, I had no idea what went wrong. When I got there, I plugged in my light. I worked by hand, talking to Betty and several others. Christie said I could post a prayer request (about Chris' job) on their Facebook site. I stayed late to avoid school traffic, but royally misjudged that. I was right in the middle of it coming home. When I got in, the ants were all over the bait. I took a picture of my treadle to send to Christie. I ate some cheese, and watched a battery replacement video for a slightly different mode and scoured a related forum. Finally I posted my question. I got the battery to the bottom of the front steps where I had placed a rolling cart. I rolled it to the garage. I went to the mower and the light was green so I mowed, but it only lasted for a few minutes. I used a drill with a star screwdriver bit to remove the screws. The inside was not quite like the one in the video. And the battery connections were a little different. But each problem had a solution. I had to work quickly since daylight was fading and time was short. I got the old battery out and the new one in, and the lawn mower back together. I plugged it in and the light was green so maybe it was already charged. But there wasn't time to investigate. I changed my clothes and drove off to New Hope. My back was uncomfortable, but I was elated to have figured it all out. I was three minutes late for the meeting of the North Alabama Conscious Living meetup. Two others came, plus the leader. We had a great time discussing what we were calling forth in our lives. Around 8:30 Parker called to say the couple had just left. They had had so many questions and still needed time to find agreement with each other. She expected a call (and offer) from them tomorrow. I agreed to talk to Chris about the chimney. When the meeting was over, I drove home, feeling good. Chris was waiting on skype. We talked for awhile and he sang me a song. I loved that. Then he hung up and I did the Sudoku puzzles for yesterday and today. It seems like I am always ahead or behind on those puzzles. I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: