Monday, April 13, 2015

Sharpest scissors on the block

I went to bed late, so did not feel like getting up when the alarm rang. After reading several posts about the value of sleep, I decided to sleep longer. So it was after 9 when I got up. I immediately got started with swishing, exercising and reading e-mail. I put out my rain collection tubs. Then I juiced. I got several e-mails from Parker. It looked like the previous owner did not get a permit to add the front bedroom and basement. So I went downstairs to look for the papers from when we bought the house. I did not find them there, but did find them in the den. I scanned and sent a copy of a page with a detailed sketch and measurements. I made breakfast and ate it in front of my computer. I did some tapping. I got several more e-mails from Parker so I sent here a note that I would be going to quilting and she could call me there if she needed something right away. I grabbed some blocks and got in Chris' car. When I got there, they were looking through fabric that Walter (Barbara's husband) had brought. We each took some. Then Carolyn said a prayer and we had lunch. I set up my machine at the back table. I told everyone that Chris had accepted a job in Korea and I would probably be leaving. Walter said I should go and Dinah said I should stay. Gee, it was good to see Dinah again. I worked on the Renegades quilt. I just couldn't seem to get the triangles right. Then I got a call from Parker. She told me that we did not need a permit for the bedroom addition, just the bathroom. She told me how much the plumber charged to replace the cut straps on the toilet drain pipe. We discussed several other issues and she said she would call tomorrow when they put in the new carpeting. I went back to sewing. Virginia was looking for a tissue and found one in my purse. I did not think it was clean but she did. I think it was Alice who said if I had used it, it was organic. It was so funny! I am really going to miss this group! It was after 5 when I packed up and drove home. I brought in the mail and opened the bills. One was past due. I e-mailed the bills to Chris. I had a bite to eat (maybe two or three). Chris skyped me briefly before he went out to eat with a group. I told him about the forms to be filled out and he agreed to do it. I washed the bathroom window inside and out. Michele wrote me back about her part time job. I looked up the man who put in the Airport Road bathroom. I found his name, address and phone number on the Windows 97 computer. I did several internet searches to find the name of his company and website. I was hoping for a licensing number or contractor number but did not find one. The website addresses did not work. Chris skyped me again. We talked longer. I sent him the info. I cut up more foil to sharpen another pair of scissors. After the call, I brought in another pair of scissors. I wrote a check to the plumber. I ran water and vinegar through both coffee makers again. I started sorting the old bills. I found the one was now past due and wrote Chris a note about it. I sliced up more foil. I soaked the sprouts. Then it was time for bed.

No comments: