Sunday, April 12, 2015

Slicker than spit


Last night I had trouble walking to bed. The side of my left foot felt a little swollen and painful. By twisting my foot, I could see a little black dot. I went to bed. I woke up around 7:30. I got up and pulled out one of the plastic drawers in the bathroom. I filled it with hot water and soaked my foot. I dug out the black spot with a pin, and put on clean socks. I emptied the dishwasher and read e-mail. Then I took a shower, and got dressed. I made breakfast, and listened to a TED talk on vulnerability. Since the choir was not singing today, I thought I had extra time, and so I unstacked the dishwater and was putting away laundry when I realized it was later than I thought. I dropped everything and drove to church. I expected to be late, but it worked out perfectly. The intern gave the sermon and did a good job. After the service I helped Art count the loose cash – all $2 of it. Then I went home for my grocery list. I went to Publix for groceries and put them away when I got home. I assembled the printing calculator and loaded it with paper. Then I changed my clothes and mowed in the backyard. I plugged in the mower and had lunch. At 2:15 I headed to church to count money. I was hoping it would go perfectly, but we (I) made mistakes and the printing calculator showed us where. It really came in handy (slicker than spit). When I got home, I put the defrosted beef tongue in a pot of water to boil. I cut up some of the chives that Jennifer picked in her yard for me. I hadn't the heart to tell her I had plenty growing in my yard. I read e-mail, ate something, tapped, and then found the motivation to mow. When the mower ran down, I plugged it back in, and turned to washing windows. I brought out the ladder so I could clean the bay window. The squeegee came in handy too. Then I used the ladder to trim non-flowering bushes. I uprooted some small trees, too. Then I put my tools away and went in to check the tongue. Chris was ready to skype, so we talked for over an hour. Jennifer left me some choir music to look at before Wednesday so I tried to play my part on the piano. To really hear it, I have to play both alto and soprano parts. But because it was in 4 sharps, I had trouble with that. I watched a TED talk on shame, and another audio on being stuck. I went down to close the garage. I disassembled my bobbin area to clean out the lint. Then I discovered that the problem was caused by a compromised thread path in the upper thread. I rethreaded, and finished the block from last night. I cleaned up some clutter in the bathroom and kitchen. I ran vinegar through the old coffee maker while I cleaned the new one. Then I ran the same vinegar through the new one. Both worked just fine. Then I listened to several audios while snipping the foil chocolate wrapper to sharpen my scissors. I also worked a few Sudoku puzzles. I had to pause the last video in order to go to bed.
* This is Denise's other charity quilt top *

No comments: