Saturday, April 25, 2015

Mud run



Last night before I fell asleep, I heard the rain fall in earnest. I got up to put out the collection tubs. When I got up this morning, I brought them in, with a decent amount of water! I set it on the counter and proceeded to swish and check e-mail. I finished the weekend Sudoku puzzle and got it wrong – wondering where my logic was in error. I re-listened to an audio from yesterday because it was so interesting and I missed parts of it as I was working in the kitchen. About 10, I called Mary. She was riding with Annette and Cathy to the Paducah Convention Center. I wished I could have gone with them or met them there, but could not face the stress of getting up at three am to catch the guild bus and return at midnight. Anyway, it was good to talk to her since we met in Korea. Actually, I met all of them in Korea. Maybe if I do end up in Chinhae, they will visit me for the Tokyo Quilt Show:)
I juiced, and meditated. I processed all the rainwater, filling up several gallon jugs. I was making breakfast when Denise called. While she talked, I refilled jars and containers of nuts and seeds for tomorrow. After the call, I finished breakfast, and read e-mail. I made up a week's worth of supplements and ordered refills. I raked up the magnolia leaves and mowed over them and all the others under the tree. I also re-mowed some of the front yard since the weeds were mowed but not the grass. When mower quit (overheated), I used the time to uproot marigold seedlings and replant them in the flower bed. Then I mowed in the far back in front of the culvert. Then I planted the two large tomato plants near the patio. I talked to Craig and told him I got a new battery. I planted carrot seeds in the garden. I filled a tray with some of the soil dug from the yard, and added what was left of an old bag of potting soil. I watered it well to soak. I put 6 eggs on the stove to cook. I checked e-mail, and later realized the stove was not turned on. I turned the stove on. I ate a jar of Cecily's canned tomatoes. When the eggs were finished, I ate one. I listened to an audio about using electrical voltage to heal the body. I looked at pictures Chris sent from the mud run yesterday, wondering why anyone would want to do such a thing. I heard my backyard neighbor mowing in my back yard, near the ditch. I finished the audio, and Chris skyped me. Maryann skyped in a short while later so I promised to call her back. Chris brought Michele in on the call so we could talk to her. Denise called, but only had a quick question. She is signed up to take the state dept exam in June. Then Chris ended the call because he was exhausted. The call ended. I closed the garage door, and called Maryann. She had questions about stuff I wrote in my blog. Then I finished a Sudoku puzzle, posted to my blog and then I realized that I had not stacked the dishwasher or done the laundry as I usually do on Saturday night. I ran the dishwasher and went to bed.
* This is Team Skunk. Don't ask me why. *

No comments: