Saturday, April 11, 2015

Yard work and windows


Last night I set my phone alarm to 7. The house was warm so I turned off the fan but left the windows open. I woke up a little before 7 and waited for the alarm. Then I checked the temperature. It was 68 inside and 40 outside. I closed the windows and turned the heat on. I swished and checked e-mail. I made and ate most of my breakfast. I got dressed and put Netflix in the mail. I added cash to my wallet, and I put on a jacket. I had started pulling weeds in the driveway when Paige arrived. We went to a large neighborhood yard sale. 'Large' described the neighborhood but not the sales. I got a coffee maker and a movie. Then we went to a church sale where I got a book and a cute top and some peat pots. We looked for some other sales but did not find much. Last, we went to a plant and garage sale at a public pool. I got another top. Paige drove me home and left to get ready for an afternoon wedding. I checked e-mail and then changed my clothes. I had a bite to eat. I mowed as much as I could in the front yard. I found the mail on the doorstep while mowing. There were no packages, so I couldn't figure out why the mailman did that. I plugged the mower back in to recharge. I checked e-mail and responded to Parker. I listened to an interview. I called my dad because today is my mother's birthday. I listened to a short video on the don'ts of depression – don't isolate, don't insulate and don't ruminate. Do get sunshine and do keep a regular schedule of self care. A month ago I found a large piece of tinfoil blowing in the yard. I saved it in the carport. Today I sat in the sun and used two pairs of grass clippers to cut the foil into shreds, thus sharpening them. The mower's green light came on, so I used it to mow more of the front yard. I wanted to wash windows after that, but thought it was better to pull weeds since the ground was still wet and soft. So I pulled weeds that were growing in the cracks in the sidewalk, driveway and brick borders. Gotta pull while the pullin's good. I saw marigolds growing only in the cracks. I used the shear to cut grass beside the patio. That is when I found poison ivy. I came in to check e-mail and get my ivy glove. I pulled up the little plant, put it in a plastic bag, and threw it in the garbage can. I listened to an audio, and washed windows in the livingroom. Denise called and said things were going well. I continued washing windows and took my washing stuff outside to do the reverse side of the picture window. I realized the light was fading, so instead, I mowed a third time. Dillon came over to help. He told me that he had gotten my mail for me. Ah. His father invited me over for a few beers. Ha, ha. I never met a beer I liked. I checked the Creat Clips website and the wait time was 2 minutes. So I changed my clothes and ran over there to get my hair cut. Sadly I had forgotten to check their closing time. I arrived a minute later. So I came home, checked e-mail and waited for Chris. Then I gave up, put laundry in the washer and worked on the block for Carolyn. When the washer finished, I put the clothes in the dryer and loaded the dishwasher. I ran it and checked for Chris. He was online, so I skyped with him. After he hung up, it was after 10, so I posted to my blog, checked on the laundry, and tried to finish Carolyn's block. The machine messed up so I left it and went to bed.
* This is the top Denise and I made. *

No comments: