Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Stewardship

I had a dream about a squirrel that turned into a cat that hissed at me and I thought it was going to attack me. I woke up in a panic. I tapped until I could go back to sleep. I got up with the alarm. I sorted through the fabric I got yesterday to estimate the yardage. I brought in the rain water. I read e-mail while it processed. I swished and exercised. I watched a video on Fast Track, a process that lets the president negotiate trade agreements and all congress gets to do it vote yes or no, and there is a lot of pressure to vote yes. I also listened to an audio on benevolent capitalism. I juiced, and meditated, got dressed, and put a check in the mail. Parker said a prospective buyer asked about the electric bills, so I sent that information to her to pass on. Then I went to quilting. I made the rounds and sat with Beverly. She bought a raffle ticket and several others did too. I will fill out the rest and drop them off Thursday night so I don't have that to think about any more. I talked to a number of people. Jane asked about my dad and I told her he was doing ok, that he liked living alone and doing things his way. She wondered aloud who else fit that description. Ha, ha, no one I know. On the way home I stopped for kimbap and sprouts. I ate a few pieces in the car before driving home. I finished the rest with kimchi when I got home. I checked e-mail, and made breakfast. I listened to several more audios. I saw a video of a car that looked like a Radio Flyer wagon but was street legal. When I brought in the mail, I saw two bills from Shaeffer Eye Center. I called and they said someone would call me back. I repotted the two goji berry plants. I disassembled the structure covering the kale for the winter, and weeded along the brick wall. I cut yellow squares for the DGS block. I went up to look at the directions and ended up listening to another audio. I put away laundry. The Great Clips website said there was no waiting, so I jumped in the car and drove over. I think I did wait for a minute. Even though she cut my hair, it still looked like 'older sister' hair. Hmm, I wondered how to get my 'younger sister' hair back. William called while I was getting the cut, so I called him back. He told me about Dad donating Mom's jewelry to the church yard sale. There was a charm bracelet in there with our names on it. Then I walked into Schaeffer Eye Center. They looked at my bill(s) and insurance card, made a phone call and did something on the computer. They said it might take several months to get it straight, but they would resubmit it to insurance. I told them I might not be here in several months. When I got home, I mowed, and dug up treelings. I checked e-mail, had supper and supplements, and mowed again as darkness threatened. I cut white squares for the DGS block, and checked e-mail. Chris called me on skype, but there was no sound. I could only hear him if I used headphones. The call was short so I could change my clothes and shoes and go to the stewardship meeting. I brought my file, but did not need it. Art handed out sheets of numbers. He explained them, but his voice was so low that I could not hear him. Then the other Art explained the numbers for the capitol fund. The numbers told a story of giving below budget. After the meeting, I spoke with the pastor and then went home in the rain. I reset my collection tubs and checked e-mail, sending a message to Chris. He called me but I could not hear him with the headphones. The sound was outside the headphones even though they were plugged in. After we hung up, I wrote my blog entry and then watched the netflix movie “Edge of Tomorrow”. I think Chris would have liked it. I had to use the headphones. Weird. And then it was past time to go to bed.
* I think this is Robin's quilt *

No comments: