Sunday, April 26, 2015

Seeds

I got up shortly before the alarm went off. I realized I hadn't turned off the router last night. The inside temp was 74, still higher than the heat (which I turned off last night). There was a bad smell in my bedroom and I was unable to locate the source. I hoped it wasn't a dead animal inside a wall. I opened a window so the fan could pull in fresh air. I put laundry in the washer. I exercised, checked e-mail and made breakfast. I saw an e-mail from a quilt pattern company wanting me to test one of their patterns. It looked complicated. I took my shower after the washer was done. It seemed to get confused in the middle of the cycle and I paused and restarted it several times. Then I put the laundry in the dryer. After my shower, I got dressed quickly, wearing a dress that I usually don't wear because I cannot button the back. But I discovered that I can pull it over my head without unbuttoning it. I finished my breakfast and supplements, and headed to church. Choir practice did not start right at 10:20 so I had a moment to talk to Art. I told him I'd like to count at a later time next week due to Renegades. Cecelia asked me if I'd heard anything new about Chris' job right in front of Art. So he found out that I might be moving to SK. Then Shannon and I went in to practice. It went ok. I wore my new glasses. After the service, I counted cash (which was nil but I had to sign a paper to that effect) and agreed to meet Art back at 2:30. We gathered in the fellowship hall to sing Happy Birthday to Darryl on his 85th birthday. His speech started out “Four score and five years ago, my mother brought forth to this nation...” It was most amusing. I talked to Mike about how to get in touch with Linda about Servantkeeper software. I was going to go home to get my grocery list, but I remembered what was on it on the way home. My transmission was not doing as well as usual. But I did not want to drive Chris' car to Publix. After shopping I brought my groceries home. They sat on the kitchen floor while I changed clothes and brought up the dry laundry from the basement. Then I put the groceries away and ate some cheese while watching part of a video on seeds, and how seed saving is being discouraged and in some places illegal. They also pointed out that the pesticides that the GMO companies spray on their fields are killing the organic crops grown within several miles of those fields. The big companies are patenting not just seeds, but certain qualities – like heat resistance, coloration, etc which can make growing heirloom varieties that have those qualities illegal. I had no transmission trouble driving to church in the afternoon. We counted the offering and had a glitch that was small and easily solved. Then I went home, and restarted the seed video that I hadn't finished because my computer lost it's place. I ate lunch. I planted seeds and watered things from yesterday. I tried to pull out trees trying to grow in the back yard. I was back in time to watch the part of the video that I hadn't seen. I talked to Chris on skype and he sang me another song. Then I watched another video against mandatory vaccines, and wrote a check to the church for next Sunday. There was an interview with Sharyl Attkisson on her book “Stonewalled: my fight for truth against the forces of obstruction, intimidation and harassment in Obama's Washington”. Her fight lead her to quit her job at CBS News. While listening I was sewing on the hexecontehedron, but had to stop and re-glue some of the edges which then needed to dry. I looked up her website and read lots. I saw a post on the Nuremberg trials which said mandatory vaccinations violate the informed consent ruling under which those doctors were found guilty. Then it was time to go to bed. I never did pick fabrics for the test quilt.
* This is the treadle which really doesn't deserve to be shipped to Korea and back *

No comments: