Saturday, April 4, 2015

One big block

Again I misread my watch when I woke up. I thought it was almost 8 so I got up, but later discovered that it was 7. I got out my Easter dress and hat to inspect. I turned on the router. The house seemed cold, but it was at 73, although the outside temp was 40. I turned the heat on just in case. I brought in the rainwater from last night. It must not have rained long. I watched a short video about a book called “Take a nap, change your life”. It sounded like a good idea even though it wasn't even 8 yet. I threw out 2 jars of kombucha – sadly they were the last. I processed the rainwater, boiling it on the stove. I juiced greens and carrots and celery. My tapping buddy said she couldn't do our call today. I meditated, and then made breakfast. After breakfast, I picked up sticks on the lawn and in the garden. Then I mowed part of the front lawn. I cleared e-mail, getting down to 18 (really exciting) and skyped with Chris for over an hour. Then I started the laundry, and went outside with a sheet to nap in the grass, but never really fell asleep. I went in the basement to work on the Tuesday block. I pulled out the laundry, folding most of it but putting the towels back in. I ironed my dress. It was very wrinkled for a polyester fabric. And it had two brown spots, but what could I do? I looked for a white belt to go with it. I am sure I had one, but could not find it. I checked e-mail, excited to clear more. I set my phone alarm for tomorrow, not sure 7 was early enough. I did my best to find and download a spreadsheet app for my tablet. When I finally located one, I downloaded it and had to learn how it functioned. I set it up for tomorrow and plugged the tablet in to charge fully. I went back to the basement to work on the block again. It is a big block. One of the paper-piecing lines did not line up with the section next to it, so I had to redraw it. It wasn't perfect, and still unfinished, but I wanted to get to bed early.
* Susan took this picture of me on Thursday and posted it to that group's website. *

No comments: