Tuesday, May 5, 2015

First day of farmer's market

I woke up early and decided to get up. I turned on the router and the laptop. I swallowed 6 capsules of frozen cod liver oil. I swished while reading e-mail and listening to more travel audios. I started juicing around 9. Right after the first sip, I realized that I forgot to exercise. So that is why I was ahead of schedule. I sat to meditate after drinking and the time got away from me. Then I wrote a check and a card and put them in the mail. It was 10:20 and I was late. I took my squares from yesterday to show off. When I got to the quilt group, Jane was impressed to see them. Others said nice things, too. Jane wanted me to sign up for their field trip on June 9th to go to a quilt shop in Mississippi. Beverly wants me to go shop-hopping with her on the 13th. So many quilt shops, but so little time. She also told me her husband tastes car fluids to determine what is leaking. That sounded like a really bad idea to me. From there, I went to the Asian store for kimbap and sprouts. I also bought some kimchi since what I have is growing white spots. I ate the kimbap when I got home. I ate some apples and put the cores in a dish covered with plastic wrap to catch fruit flies. I think they must have come in with the strawberries. I finished an audio and went outside to get the mail and to water plants. Then I put on my suit to sit in the sun and read the Servantkeeper manual. It seemed simple enough. After an hour, I changed back into my clothes, and drank some water. Then it was time to go to the farmer's market. I got some hydroponic spinach, and stopped by the beef booth. He remembered me but did not have what I wanted; said his wife would bring it next week. I also got some raspberry goat cheese, rainbow tomatoes, large cucumber and a bucket of strawberries. I put the berries in a bowl of vinegar water to soak. But I could not resist washing and eating some right away. I hulled some and spread them on a towel on a cookie sheet to freeze. The rest I put back into the berry bucket, eating the oldest ones. The bucket went in the fridge. I made notes for my blog. I came across a webpage of 61 uses for lemons, peels and juice. So I got on the desktop to save it as a file and print it out. I responded to an e-mail from a friend. Then I took my fabric into the basement to wash. I pulled out fabric to audition as sashing for the blocks, I found one that looked great, but did not fit their drawing. I copied the drawing on a piece of paper to take downstairs. Chris skyped me and we brought Faye into the call to see about her schedule for Memorial Day weekend. I dashed downstairs to pull the wet fabric out of the washer before it bled. I threw it in the dryer and came up. I grabbed a jar of fish to eat while talking. Faye and Kevin hung up so Chris could sing me a song. The call dropped and his computer crashed. I started making breakfast. He called back and we talked some more. He asked for a song suggestion for tomorrow and I suggested something by Huey Lewis and the News. He hung up and I finished my breakfast (for supper). I put the now-frozen berries in a bag. I listened to a tapping audio. It went on much longer than I anticipated. When it was over, I tried to finish the Sudoku puzzle I had been working on while it ran. But I had made a mistake somewhere, and had to start over. Then it was bedtime. But I went down to get the fabric out of the dryer. I wanted it damp but it wasn't. So I folded all of it in anticipation of ironing it tomorrow. There was one piece that did not go in the dryer and I allowed myself to iron it dry. Then I came up to blog and go to bed.
* This is Carolyn's quilt, from a pattern I think *

No comments: