Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Mango roll-ups or Mango mess?

The alarm went off at 8 but we did not arise immediately. I got up first to swished, and exercise. I juiced and got dressed. I went to the usual place. Beverly was not there so I talked to Jane and Ann. She told us stories about ships carrying the families of the Germans with Von Braun. They were secretly brought into New York and bussed to a deserted Fort Bliss. At some point they were taken secretly across the border into Mexico and then officially entered the U.S. on foot as immigrants. It made me think I had wasted my time learning history in school when the reality was so different. After 11 I went to the Asian store for kimchi and kimbap. I also stopped at the gas station. I ate on the way to church. Linda and I worked with the software to determine how to enter contributions on the computer, but we could not figure out how to import the name and address file so we would not have to type it all in. I delivered an envelope of Honduran change to a lady who had asked for some. When I came home, Chris had gone. I read e-mail, and finished the kimbap with kimchi. I resumed listening to an audio on essential oils. I put on my suit and sunbathed, then mowed the back yard. I read some e-mail, including an article on Sylvia Plath. I got dressed and went to the farmer’s market for meat (bones, ox tail and tongue). I resisted getting veggies or fruit because this is a short week. I talked to Cecelia there. When I got home, I checked e-mail again. There was a message from Parker with comps showing that our house was not worth the new tax valuation. I pulled staples out of the chair seat that Carolyn gave me and removed the cover. I traced the seat on to the thin board she gave me. I cut it out with a sabre saw, and used a grinder wheel to get the edges smoother. It had four slits approximately 1 by 1/8th inch. I wanted to use a drill to start the holes and finish them with the sabre saw, but could not find any drill bits. I tried the kind used to countersink screws but no luck. Chris came home. We pumped up my back tire. We also discussed my moving to Korea in the fall instead of now. He identified some clothing (socks and ties) that could go to charity. I put half frozen mango chunks in the hand blender to make a paste. I spread it in a jelly roll pan, but the pan did not fit in the oven, so I transferred it to a cookie sheet, and put it in the oven to dehydrate. Later I put the paste back on the jelly roll pan so I could cover the cookie sheet with parchment paper. The goal was to make fruit rollps as seen on Pinterest. One of the authors recommended using a SilPat. I knew I had one but could not find it anywhere. Chris came home at 8. I made breakfast and ate it. Then we went downstairs to watch the first episode of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. He was interested in the special addendums on King Tuts tomb and Lawrence of Arabia. But after watching those, it was nearly midnight. He went to bed and I stayed up just long enough to blog about it.

No comments: