Saturday, May 30, 2015

Downsizing begins

I got up at 8 to turn off my alarm. Chris wanted me to come back to bed. Afterward, I swished and exercised and read e-mail. I took a shower. I soaked some seeds for sprouting with some remaining rain water. I filled a large jar with filtered tap water. I made breakfast and ate it. I heard an interview saying that fruit seeds bind with dietary arsenic and transport it out of your body, and the fiber in strawberries draws out dietary mercury. I visited Chris downstairs where he was culling books and old clothes. I brought up my project. I watered my plants on the way to his car. I drove to quilting. It was the Thursday group which also gathers on fifth Saturdays. I worked on my hexecontehedron while talking and seeing what others were doing. I packed up about 3. As I drove home, it was raining and I did not know how to invoke the windshield wipers. But it was not raining at my house. There was a red truck in the driveway. It was Chris’ friend Josh, who was becoming the beneficiary of some gaming discards. They were chatting in the den. I was hungry but did not want to eat in front of him. So I ate sweet potato sprouts and seaweed. Then Denise called so I went outside to talk to her. But she got a phone call and had to hang up. I wandered around picking leaves to eat, but she did not call back so I came in and got on the computer. When she called back, it was not for long. I read more e-mail. Eventually I had to mention the time to Chris. Then he and Josh took stuff out to the truck. I ate some leftovers. Chris came back and ate something too. Then I folded laundry. When I sat down to do Sudoku, Chris was ready to go. He had some stuff for Brandon and he drove us to their house. We were warmly welcomed. I had forgotten how much fun his wife was to talk to. We sat on their patio with drinks and talked. The older dog lounged at our feet, but the younger one wanted to jump and lick. Then we went in for snacks. She put out fruit and cheese and crackers. She showed me her sewing machine and I examined it but did not have a scrap of fabric to test it. We sat in the sun porch to talk some more. Sadly the time got away from me. It was 10:30 when I nodded to Chris and we made our goodbye’s. It was after 11 till we got home. We made the bed with the sheets Chris had washed. But there were smears of something on the pillowcases and fitted sheet. Then I blogged and we went to bed.
* These are Alison's lilies *

No comments: