Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

When I went to put sheets on the bed last night, I could not find a set with a fitted sheet. So I had to tuck a top sheet on the mattress. Then I went to bed. I woke up about 7:20, dressed, and watered the marigolds to keep away the chipmunk. I put the previous sheets in washer. I cleaned the master bathroom toilet and ran the faucet in case the trap had dried out. Then I swished and drank. I watered the rest of the plants. One was dug up. I checked my e-mail, and put the sheets in the dryer. I folded laundry and ate breakfast. I paused the video I was watching to take a shower. Then I auditioned outfits for so long that I thought I was going to be late to church. But I was just on time to warm up with the women and children. We practiced our verses. I got a rose, and sat in my usual seat. Several people sat with me because their pew was roped off for the baptism. Jennifer said she had a backache. Two young girls played piano pieces for the prelude. They were amazing. The pastor baptized his grandson who was remarkably well-behaved. After the service, I counted loose cash. Art said he wanted to count the rest tomorrow. Robert told me he lived in Chinhae as a child. He introduced me to his mother who was visiting. She told me a lot though nothing current. I called Jennifer to see if she was still at church, but she wasn't. She said someone had given her kinesiology tape for her back. We still had a long talk, and I offered her one of my goji berry plants. Then I left the church. I ran into Portia in the parking lot. We decided to pray for each other. I offered the other plant to Tim. I drove home to put the rose in water. I soak the broccoli sprouts, and had a bite to eat. I checked e-mail, then went to the grocery store. I put the food away when I got home. I changed my clothes, and put on the AC because the temp inside was over 80. I ate a grapefruit, and listened to an interview. I paused to sunbathe, and finished the interview. I tried to see Chinhae on Google earth, but could not activate it. I did some tapping for Portia. I put sweet potatoes in the oven. One was sprouting so it went into a jar of water on the kitchen window sill. I went to get the rake which hadn't been put away, and got involved pulling weeds by the fence. I kept going until it was time to skype with Chris. When I came in, the sweet potatoes smelled good. I checked them but they weren't done. I talked to Chris about trying to find aerial images of Chinhae. When the timer rang, I took the potatoes out of the oven, and put cinnamon, butter and a square of 90% dark chocolate. Of course, once I mixed it with the sweet potato, it was more like 5% or less. Chris mentioned that the shower should be run, too. I had forgotten that trap. So I did that while he took a break. Then he sang me two songs by Richard Marks and went to bed. I stayed up to look for the naval base on the map but Bing could not find it. Also, I looked up kinesiology tape, and then other links that presented themselves on Howthingswork. I cleared e-mail (though not enough) and listened to one more interview – the last of that series. And now it is time to blog and go to bed.
* Here is a pic from show-n-tell at the guild meeting *

No comments: