Saturday, May 9, 2015

A great day!

I laid awake last night trying to think of all the people I used to know in Pinehurst that I might be able to contact to find someone to mow the lawn. It occurred to me to call the church secretary because she would know if someone in the congregation did that. I woke up early because the circulation in my right hand was cut off. But I was not able to go back to sleep after restoring it. I got up when the alarm went off. The bad smell was not detectable, but I could smell the magnolia blossoms because the window was open. I laid in the guest room for awhile because it was sunny. Then I got dressed and put the check in the mail. I took my sprouting sweet potato outside. It had used up all its energy and was now attracting fruit flies. The next potato had roots but no sprouts as yet. As I swished, I listened to another interview and sliced up a foil wrapper. I went out to water the plants. I exercised, and juiced. I sat to digest, listening to another interview. Then I made breakfast. I called Frank and he answered. I had to explain who I was. Once he remembered me, he wanted the yard job and said he would start Monday. I was so relieved! I called Parker and left a message. Then I e-mailed her his contact information. I ate some strawberries, and brought in the mail. I read the card from Chris. I took the laptop outside so I could lay in the sun while I finished another interview. Then I read Chris' e-mail and responded. I went outside to mow in the front yard. Then I used the leaf blower to move the all the leaves to the area under the magnolia tree and then I mowed them, too. Since I had the blower out, I cleaned the porch and patio. I used the small debris as mulch around the tulip tree and watered it. I replanted the pepper into one of the cinderblocks using dirt from the compost pile. I did some clipping to control the flowerbeds. I came in to check my phone for messages and my e-mail. I listened to more audios. (There is a never-ending string of audios.) I picked a bunch of garlic, chopped it up and sauteed it in butter. I added ground beef. As I cooked it, I thought about who I wanted in my tribe (for survival purposes if the emp hits) and what skills I could contribute. I decided that fermentation was a survival skill. I skyped with Chris and Michele. It was great to see and talk to her. She looked good and sounded upbeat. She is learning a lot at her part time job, and is signed up for the state dept exam next month. After she hung up, Chris sang me a Lionel Richie song. Then I put the laundry in the washer. I worked on an order of supplements. When the washer finished, I put the clothes in the dryer and ran the dishwasher. I finished the Swanson's order, cleared another e-mail, and blogged. I put clean sheets on the bed and turned in for the night.

No comments: