Thursday, May 7, 2015

Rebecca was here

I slept in until the alarm sounded. I got up to turned on the laptop and router. I watered the plants on the back porch. I put Netflix in the mail, and collected the recyclables but there were not enough to put out. My tapping buddy wanted to start early. We did not actually do any tapping: we made energy circles with switchwords and Bach flower remedies. Then I juiced, drank it and cleaned up. I was about to meditate when there was a knock at the door. It was Rebecca and I had forgotten that she was coming. She was potentially going to offer my treadle a home if we went to Korea. But she sniffed the treadle, and said it had an odor. I showed her some of my sewing projects while we were down in the basement. Since her nose was so sensitive, I asked her to check out my bedroom. She confirmed my premise that something had died in the wall and she narrowed it down to which wall. Then she left to get on with her day. I brought in the mail and there was no card from Chris. I took his car to stitch group. I talked to Marjory and Pat, then sat with Rhonda and Christie. I came home just before 4. I had stalled pulling on to a busy road which scared me. I checked e-mail, and made breakfast and ate it outside. I watched a chipmunk race back and forth across the patio. I came in to check e-mail again, hoping for some word from the guy who used to cut our grass in Pinehurst. I had e-mailed him after Parker said I needed to hire someone mow the grass so she can have an open house. The sun was still out, so I replanted cucumbers from the planting tray. I chopped up lemon peel and put it in a hole something dug in my garden. It looked like an access to a den. Probably rabbits. I trimmed large plants to allow smaller ones sunlight and I trimmed the trumpet vine by the mailbox. I propped up planting trays so the rodents wouldn't dig in them. I watered, and mowed. I raked up magnolia leave and mowed those to turn them into mulch. I picked kale and other leaves for supper. I made salad with them and some of the spinach from the farmer's market. I ate it while skyping Chris. He sang me a song called “Almost Paradise”. I contributed to crowdfunding a solarpuff. I did the Thursday Sudoku puzzle while listening to an interview about medical tourism, and then worked on Friday's puzzle. I put on another interview and took the laptop downstairs to listen while I ironed the fabric pile from Tuesday. When the low battery sound caught my attention, I brought it up to recharge. I finished the piece of fabric I was working on, and then came up to finish the interview and the Friday puzzle. Then it was time to blog and go to bed.
* Here are two tomatoes I plan to pick tomorrow - unless something beats me to it *

No comments: