Thursday, May 28, 2015

Back home again


In the middle of the night, the alarm of the next room went off. There was no one in there, so Chris got dressed and went to the front desk to report it. In a few minutes the sound ceased.
We woke up early the next morning. I did my exercises and washed up and got dressed. Then Chris took his shower. I ate some of the cheese for breakfast since it might not keep. I made my breakfast so I could eat it in the car. Chris did not have breakfast. We left a tip in the housekeeping envelop. Then we left. We finished the book on CD and started another one with stories of Sherlock Holmes. We made one pit stop. The weather was nice if a little hot. I saw two flatbeds carrying enormous tires. Scary big. We got in around 2, CST. We carried in all the stuff from the car. Chris went to post while I put the food away. I started mowing with the front yard. It wasn’t all that bad. I noticed a piece of paper on the front door. Someone had bumped into our mailbox and said they would fix it on Tuesday. Since it was intact, I guess they meant yesterday. I pulled the mail out of the box and set it on the brick wall. I got very hot mowing and took a break to drink water. Then I mowed the side yard under the magnolia tree. I would have mowed more, but just then Chris came home. So I plugged in the mower and came upstairs. As soon as I sat down, I felt tired, faint and confused. I drank more water. He had bought some groceries and was asking me what I wanted for supper. I could not answer the questions. I laid down in the basement to cool off. He brought the Netflix Dvd and we watched two episodes of X-Files. Then he started supper. I picked 4 tomatoes, making a total of 10 from that plant. I ate one with lots of salt and felt much better. I replanted some radishes. I clipped some would-be trees and trimmed the four o’clocks. I fired up the desktop, cleared some e-mail, and tried to make notes for my blog. I don’t remember what interrupted me. I found a seedling growing in the drain of the bathroom sink. Was there a time warp and we had been gone longer than 5 days? I took a shower and got dressed for choir practice. When supper was ready, I came out to eat a burger. I put some garlic herb cheese on it and ate it with a fork. It was really good but I was out of time. I grabbed my choir folder and headed out. I had to come back for an umbrella and my keys. When I got to church, it was barely sprinkling so I went in without the umbrella. The paraments I made six months ago were hanging. They had blessed and dedicated them last Sunday and several people said how much they liked them. I meant to take a picture but forgot. We practiced our two pieces sitting in the pew and standing at the back of the church like we will this Sunday. When I left, it was raining and Charlie walked me to the car with his umbrella. I drove home in the pouring rain. I put out my collection tubs. We talked about my laptop and Chris thought it was a smarter idea to replace the laptop than to replace the fan since he suspected something about the laptop killed the new fan. He looked at them online and they started at $580. I wasn’t sure if we should buy one now since it would have Windows 8 on it. We sat in the computer room to finish the Sherlock story from the trip. Then we went downstairs and watched two more episodes of X-Files, one of them being the season ender where Scully informs a government panel that all alien evidence was manufactured to create a smokescreen for nefarious activity and that Mulder’s life was fabricated by the same people and that she found him in his apartment dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Fortunately I know there is another season so was not going to lose any sleep over it. Chris and I went to bed and I forgot to blog.
* This is my sweet potato that was just showing signs of sprouting when we left. When we got back, it was almost out of water and sprouting impressively. *

No comments: