Sunday, May 17, 2015

Together again


Chris' alarm woke us up at 5:30. He shut it off and came back to bed. I tried to go back to sleep. I had to get more pillows (to replace his that I was using for my knees), but there was still no sleep. So I got a sleep mask, and then slept until my alarm went off at 8. I stayed in bed until 8:30, then got up to check the dryer and re-start it. I drank and swished, and checked the dryer again. I folded the dry stuff and re-ran the towels. Then I wrote my blog post for yesterday. I reassembled my purse (which I had thrown in the laundry). I took a shower and made breakfast. I got dressed and ate some of it. Chris drove us to church in time for choir practice. I was the only alto for warm-up but others came in time for the service. The intern gave the sermon. Graduates were recognized during the service. Afterward, I helped Art verify the loose cash, then talked to people as I came across them, and found Chris in the fellowship hall talking to Jennifer's father who came from Canada to see his grandson graduate. Then we went to Publix for groceries. I had put the grocery sacks in his car, but we forgot to bring them into the store. When we checked out, Chris said I was an expensive date. Chris and I put the groceries away. I finished my breakfast while he had lunch. I read e-mail and listened to an audio on mineral deficiencies. Chris showed me one of the plaques they gave him in Honduras. Then I changed my clothes and rushed off to church. I got the printing calculator and met Art in the garden room. We counted the offering, and it added up right the first time. When I got home, Chris was on his laptop. He asked when I wanted supper. Then I went outside to rake and mow. I mowed until the mower slowed down. Craig was mowing too, and he stopped to talk. He said his son was coming over with some fresh caught fish. After mowing, I started clipping the bushes. I stopped at 6 to put the tools away and wash up for supper. Chris made roasted brussels sprouts, and beef-barley soup. It was all delicious. I picked some fresh kale to go with it, and had some frozen blueberries, too. Dillon stopped by with a package of blue catfish, which we put in the freezer. Then we watched two episodes of X-Files in the basement. The rain came pouring down, so I went outside to arrange the collection tubs. I started composing my blog and then checked my phone. There were three messages from Cecily. Chris called her back. She wanted to know who was coming to the party next week. I finished posting to my blog and we went to bed.

No comments: