Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Quilting Monday


We woke up about 7 and lazed about in bed. I got up with the alarm at 8. I swished, and brought in the rainwater from last night. I dressed and put Netflix in the mail. I processed the rain water while Chris made coffee and breakfast. I exercised. We moved my sewing stuff from his car to mine. He dressed and went to the office. I juiced and meditated. Then I called William to see if he was coming to the party and he said no. I called Kurt and got the same answer. I called Faye and she said yes, and a whole lot more. We were on the phone until noon. During that time I was able to fix breakfast and eat and start the weekend Sudoku puzzle which somehow slipped by me. I did not hear from Parker who e-mailed that she might call around noon (11 here).
I got myself ready, and drove to the church for quilting. I met Dinah coming out. We talked about putting up more pics of quilts on the bulletin board and she said she needed paper and I said I needed ink. So I made a mental note to bring her some photo paper. I went inside and told the ladies that Chris got his orders for Korea this morning. Sigh. I made the two DGS blocks (which I forgot to photograph) and then worked on the blue blocks for Renegades. Carolyn brought me a board and a broken chair seat as a pattern. She needed a new one cut. One by one the other ladies left until it was only Lauri and I. We both worked on our quilts as we talked. She talked about working at Publix. By 5 I had used up all the background pieces I had cut, so I packed up to leave. There was no telling how long she stayed and worked after I left. I went home and brought the board and the chair seat inside. I talked to Chris who had been home for some time and had cut back the bush by the mailbox. I brought in the mail. I ate the last sweet potato, and we both had some soup. I picked greens to make a salad for supper. Then we took a walk through the neighborhood. I tried to finish a Sudoku puzzle while Chris worked on his bio for work. He showed me his orders, which needed to be amended. Then we watched a movie called “Silvia”, which we chose over Les Miserables since Chris said it was a real downer. As it turns out, so was Silvia, being about the life of Silvia Plath who committed suicide. Then we went to bed, and I tried to forget about the movie.
* This is the quilt Lauri is working on *

No comments: