Friday, May 8, 2015

All kinds of scents

pfI got up just before 8. The alarm sounded while I was in the hall bathroom. The smell in the bedroom was strong enough last night that I had to open the window. This morning I brought in the air purifier to see if that would help. I also flushed the toilet in the master (which had not been used) in case the standing water was starting to smell. I looked for a can or package of food to donate to the mail carrier's food drive. I could not find anything that I wasn't going to use. I started to swish and the phone rang. It was Parker. We talked about the yard and Mr. John and how people were so busy they weren't looking at houses this week. Our call got cut off. I called her back in a few minutes and she was on her way to meet a yard guy that her postman had recommended. I got dressed and went outside to water the plants. I used the water in the buckets and filled them up to sit overnight for tomorrow. I tied the tomato plant by the brick wall to the leg of the patio table. I swept the leaf debris from the driveway. I put on an old work glove and pulled up a weed that might have been poison ivy. When I came in, the smell from the bedroom was evident in the hall way. I moved the air purifier closer to the door. I jotted notes for my blog and brushed my teeth. I exercised and juiced. I wrote a check to Parker but the mail had already gone. I played three audio interviews. One of them recommended bringing broccoli sprouts on plane trips for energy and detoxing. It was so convincing that I paused the audio to put broccoli seeds in my sprouter. Denise came over to work on a charity quilt. First she told me about their trip to Biltmore and to Polyface Farms. Then she sniffed the odor in the bedroom. She said it wasn't a dead smell, it was more like a spilled sauerdraut smell. we worked on the quilt; choosing borders and sewing them on. She also wanted to know how to machine quilt, so I brought out a top that was basted. I showed her how to quilt in the ditch and to free-motion. I let her try both methods and she seemed to like them. I could not find my quilting gloves which would have made it easier to move the fabric. After she left, I watered things that dry out quickly. One of the marigolds had been dug up. This happens almost every day and I think the chipmunk is doing it. I picked wild lettuce, kale, a tomato, oxalis, and some small mixed greens. I washed them and added olive oil and sunflower seeds, as well as sweet peppers and celery. I sat in front of my laptop to eat it and saw that Chris was on skype. We talked and then he sang. Then he went to bed. I did the weekend Sudoku puzzle while finishing an audio. I got a wrench to chang the shower filter. I ironed the last two pieces of fabric while I was down there. I changed the filter and filled a basin with warm water. I soaked my feet in the soapy water. Then I sat in the den and listened to another audio interview, smelling the magnolia flower scent coming in the window. It was lovely. I sliced up a foil wrapper to sharpen two pairs of scissors while finishing an audio on how to fly for free. All I heard was to use points. I looked up Frank's phone number. And then it was time to blog and go to bed.
* Denise took my pic with the quilt we made *

No comments: