Thursday, May 21, 2015

Passport photos

I woke up during the night when Chris went to the bathroom. I did not notice him coming back to bed and when daylight came, I patted over there and did not find him so I thought he was already awake. So I was surprised when he moved under the covers. It was about 7. We snuggled together, and then he said we had to get ready to have our photos taken for passports. So I looked up what I wore last time. I got dressed and checked e-mail. I read that two bottles of marine phytoplankton were being shipped today. I had only ordered one and I did not want it to arrive while I was not here. So I called to cancel the order. It was too late for this order, and the lady assured me that the plankton would still be alive even in this heat. After the call, I asked Chris about it and he said they couldn’t be alive because they were in a dark bottle protected from light and plants need light to stay alive. So much for that. Then we went to base to get our passport photos taken. We got there early, and they ushered us right in. I did not get to see my photo, but I did get to check my hair first so I am reasonably certain it was ok. The receptionist was so nice. And she was excited to learn that I grow my own food. She gave me her phone and e-mail address. We got home at 9:30. I swished and exercised. I tried to prepare a Swanson’s order but their site was down. I juiced and then meditated. I made and ate breakfast. I went to quilting. All I did there was socialize. It was lots of fun. I stayed late with Pat to see a pattern on the internet. I saw it in a magazine but could not figure out how it was done. But we could not find it on her smart phone. So I came home. I read e-mail, and Chris and I looked for stuff that Michele might want. The memories brought tears to our eyes. We called Michele to find out what she wanted. Then we looked some more, not finding some of the books she mentioned. Chris did laundry and ran the dishwasher. I ate some supper and then changed my clothes and got my name tag. I also ran down to get the quilt top that Denise and I made. I went to the quilt guild meeting. Jodi, the head of Comfy Quilts, did not come. So I was in charge. Because I did not know ahead of time, I was not prepared. Connie brought paper and pen for people to sign as they dropped off quilts and tops. Several ladies helped me show off the quilts and tops during the meeting. Pat Keyser did a slide show on crazy quilts. After the meeting, the future head of Comfy Quilts helped me carry all the donations to my car. When I got home, Chris helped me bring them into the garage to stack with the fabric so designated. He also held up two so I could take a pic. (I had forgotten to bring the camera to the meeting). Then we watched two episodes of X-Files and part of one of Young Indiana Jones. We folded the laundry as we watched. Then it was late so we went to bed.

No comments: