Monday, May 4, 2015

This may be as far as I get

I woke up early, but did not get up until the alarm rang. I turned on the router and the laptop. I had tried to reboot it last night because of updates, but Firefox would not cooperate. But I lost all my IE windows. I tried to get them back to no avail. Firefox locked up and I had to close and reopen it, glad that it preserved the open windows. I put on an interview about healthy travel tips and took notes. I also swished and exercised. I watered the indoor plants. I finished the interview, then reboot the computer while I juiced and made breakfast. I put on another one about parasites during travel and how you can get them at home, too. That one ended about noon, so then I put the pieces of my project into a bag and headed to the car. I realized that the sun was beating down on the planters so I took a moment to water them. Then I jumped in Chris' car and headed to quilting. I took all my sewing stuff inside just in case I decided to sew. But I spent the time cutting little tiny pieces. I got to talk to my friends, which was great. Rebecca and Joan and Lauri decided to go to Sew-nVac. I did not need fabric, but Rebecca urged me to go. I told her I would hold her responsible for my credit card bill, and she said that just because she led me to the trough did not mean I had to drink. Yea, right. Me not buy fabric? When we arrived, there was a good sized display out front proclaiming 60% off. So, you can guess what happened. I hemmed and hawed and piled up the bolts and went inside. Joan got hers cut first and then the lady cut mine. I paid at the register. Rebecca showed me her fabric choices for a dress she will make for her granddaughter. I told her to get the raspberry butterflies to go with it. On the way out, Rebecca said I should have gotten the coordinating fabric for my black and grey. I said I would if she got the butterflies. So she did and I did and Lauri went back for something too. When we got back most of the ladies were gone. I went back to cutting. When I got most of the pieces cut out, and only a few teeny tiny ones were left, I decided that my sanity was worth more than any benefit. So I auditioned fabric for a background since I did not have the chosen one there. The pieces looked really good on the yellow/orange fabric. Lauri helped me audition some fabric for sashing, but nothing quite satisfied us. So I ironed them to the gold, and packed up. Lauri stayed to work on her quilt top. When I got home, I ate some sweet potato and the rest of Denise' fermented cabbage. Then I went out to water. I sat to enjoy the sounds of nature and digest. Then I mowed spots in the front and back yards. I quit when I realized it was 7 and time to talk to Chris. We had a nice chat and he sang me a song called Valerie. We ended early so I had time to go out and dig up some garlic. I washed it off and sliced it up, bulb and stem. I put the pieces in a pan with coconut oil to cook while I cut up the fish. I had intended to eat the fish raw, but after the interview on parasites, I changed my mind. So the fish was stirfried with the garlic. I added salt and lemon juice. I ate some and put the rest in the fridge. I read e-mail and listened to another interview on healthy travel, taking notes. Then I sat and read a book and tapped until it was time to go to bed.

No comments: