Wednesday, October 21, 2015

3-D Tetris

We woke up early again. I could not go back to sleep so we just got up. I turned on my computer while Chris took his shower. I got an e-mail saying our first shipment had arrived in Korea and the moving company was ready to deliver it. I exercised, then ued up the last of the kefir making breakfast. I went out to scrub the patio chairs, but it was hard work and they did not come clean. Chris said the packers would not store them that way and so we should just leave them behind, and the table, too. A slighly different crew of packers arrived with a big truck with crates inside. As they brought out boxes and wrapped items, it was like a giant game of Welltris getting all the stuff inside. I tried to help because I like that game, but Chris said to leave them alone. When the half empty 5 gallon bucket of coconut oil came out, the man in charge said they could not take liquids, and even though it wasn't liquid now, that it would melt on the way. Another packer called their boss. I vividly imagined the boss person saying yes. And that was the answer. I got the plastic bag it came in and tied it up with a twist tie as insurance. We went through the filing cabinet and threw out lots of papers. We found what seemed like the last remnants of Michele's childhood. So sad. I read my blog entries subsequent to buying my car to get clues to finding the title. But there were none. Although we have already applied for a replacement title, I kept hoping we would find the original. I ate half a sweet potato and goat cheese. I sorted through bags and bags of cards and letters, some from before I was married. I kept some and tossed others. So many beautiful cards, seemed a shame to throw them out. I helped Chris fill my car with boxes for recycling. He drove off and I pulled out enough boxes for the next load. But when he got back, there wasn't time for that. I put on clean pants since mine were so dusty. Soon it was time for me to grab my contributions folder and drive to church. I dropped off some shoe boxes. Then Dave and I sat down so I could fill him in on how the offering gets counted and deposited. I gave him my folder because I won't be needing it. I sat in the sanctuary to wait for choir while talking to the other women. We practiced several things for this Sunday and the next. Then Jennifer asked me to stand up. She made a little speech and handed me a vase of flowers. Everyone clapped. They said they would pray me back to Huntsville. I teared up. A card was going around and people were signing it. The men were excused early but the women had to stay to practice a piece for a Sunday in October. So I left early too. When I got home, I brought the flowers in to show Chris. He gave me a ring that he found in a parking lot in Honduras. I took some car repair receipts out to my glove compartment for the next owner. We moved the wet/dry vac and accessories which were here when we moved in, to the carport so it would not get packed. We got an e-mail saying that the shipment from today would arrive at the end of December. It sounded like the first shipment took less time than they said, but the second shipment will take more. I listened to the 'Making Change Easy” CD while working on the Sudoku puzzle for last weekend. Then I went through the bathroom cabinet but then Chris said they would not pack liquids, so I concentrated on non-liquids, then decided to leave that for morning. Surely they won't pack my toothbrush. Then I finished going through all the cards, and found a pile of fresh ones that had never been used. Some of those went in my suitcase but the rest I put in the desk which will go in storage. I found more batteries so I got the battery tester out of the suitcase. I threw out the not-so-good ones and below. I rearranged the stuff in my suitcase to see if any more would fit in. Chris went to bed, so I posted to my blog and went to bed also.
I am trying to keep some semblance of normalcy in my day but that is getting progressively harder.

No comments: