Saturday, October 10, 2015

Sorting the fabric

Chris woke up in the middle of the night. He couldn't sleep so he got up to work on his computer. I heard him get up. I might have gone back to sleep a little bit, but soon I was awake too. So I got up to post to my blog and allow Firefox to update. Then I went back to bed. Eventually I went back to sleep. I heard my alarm go off in the morning, but did not get up. In fact, I think I slept until after 9. I got up to check on my computer. Newly updated, Firefox would not run. I had to reboot my computer, which meant that I lost all my IE open windows. But thankfully, I got all my Firefox windows back. I swished while heating up my mouthguard to reform it. I noticed yesterday that I clench a lot while sorting and packing and I needed to do something. The mouthguard was too tight. When I reformed it, I think it shrank during the cooling phase and was a little tight again, but this time only in the back molars because I did not bite down as hard as last time. I drank water while listening to a tapping audio. I exercised, and swished. I was juicing when Chris got up. I laid out in the sun but it kept going behind clouds. I made and ate breakfast. And then it was time to pack again. I went through my embroidery threads and selected the colors I was most likely to need. I cleared off the shelving under my cutting table and most of the boxes under there. I folded up the ironing board and packed the iron. Then I started on the fabric in the cabinets: mostly blenders. I made stacks of Storage, Ship, and Donate. The Ship piles went into boxes. When they were half full, I filled the rest of the space with batting so they wouldn't be super heavy. Chris made liver and onions for me for supper. He put it in the oven with his mother's canned tomatoes. It was very good. I ate two helpings while checking e-mail. I called my dad to tell him when we would arrive at his house. Then, because I was so tired, I suggested that we watch an episode of Castle. It turned out there were two episodes left and we watched both of them, then went to bed. There, by the light of the solar puff, we listened to love songs on his laptop. Finally I got up to post to my blog so I could sleep.
* these are the Storage piles - only reds, yellows, teals, whites, off-whites, some blues and some pinks so far - almost half of the blenders. *

No comments: