Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Packing and sorting

It was after midnight when I went to bed. But I did not sleep. There was a roach in the room which would fly over my head when I got quiet. I tried to catch it, but it hid whenever I turned the light on. I moved my pillow to the bottom of the bed. I did a lot of tapping. Sometime after the rustling stopped, I fell asleep. I could not understand why it was in the bedroom and not the kitchen.
I expected to sleep late the next morning, but for some reason, after the alarm went off, I could not, so I got up and enjoyed the sun streaming into the guest room. I turned on the laptop and router. I checked e-mail and then went on to detox (probably my last in America). I exercised, drybrushed, and rebounded. I listened to several audios. The sun was so bright that I laid out for 20 minutes. I took a shower and got dressed. Then I went outside to rake up pinecones and mow under the pine trees. There was a lot more raking I could have done, but needed to pack more. I juiced and listened to another audio. I realized this was my last week of almost normal. I will have to define a new normal when I get to Korea. I made and ate breakfast. I looked up how to use boric acid for eliminating roaches, not wanting to take them to Korea in our shipment. An article said Borax works too, so I spread that around the kitchen, bathrooms and basement and garage. I went through my quilt books to select some for Korea. I folded up my pile of strips and put them in a bag so I could get at my tub of green fabric. I selected some to take to quilting for that group to share. Steven skyped me to say he'd gotten the package that I sent. I finished the green fabrics and went through some purples, too. I came up to eat. I cut a tomato into wedges and topped them with goat cheese. I heated up the rest of the soup. I sorted cassettes and their cases while listening to an interview on lifestyle choices for avoiding toxins. I checked the Freecycle site and it looked like my posts had gone out, even though I have not seen them. After eating chocolate with dates, and cutting up the foil wrapper to sharpen my scissors, I went down to the garage. I pulled out the clothing patterns that I want to take. I piled some patterns to give away. I emptied another box in front of the quilt magazine bookcase. I found Michele's confirmation materials. I brought some things up to add to the suitcase pile. I checked e-mail and Chris sent one saying he was at the airport. It was after my bedtime, so I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* Rowbyrow examples from the Tuesday group *


pf

No comments: