Sunday, October 25, 2015

Last Sunday at All Saints Lutheran Church

We woke up early. I stayed in bed a little while, but then got up before 8 to exercise and swish. I took a shower with a cold rinse, and made breakfast. I had a tough time finding all the accessories for my Sunday outfit, rummaging between two suitcases. Finally I got dressed, and took my supplements. With the remaining time, I washed walls. I googled how to get pencil marks off the walls, and then spread some toothpaste on the marks. We left for church. I put the flower vase back in the little room where Jennifer got it. I got some tissues from the bathroom in case I got emotional. Terry said goodbye. I warmed up with the choir. Then Jennifer gave me a small bag of goji berries from the plant I gave her. After the announcements, the pastor came over to us and read a passage and made farewell remarks. He also gave us a very nice ornament of the church. During the service, he handed bibles to kids of a certain age. There was lots of singing “A Mighty Fortress”. After the service, there was a gathering for Don's 85th birthday. He has been my pew buddy for the last four years. So told him we'd come back for his 100th party. Many people gave us hugs and it felt like leaving family. I was tearing up as we left. When we got home, I read the wonderful card that the choir signed, and the one Paige gave me. I changed my clothes. I ate some goat cheese and sweet potato with butter. Chris did laundry. I swept the basement and worked in the garage. At 3:45 I left for church. I met Art and we started counting the offering. Dave came in to watch the process. He and Art resolved the EFT inconsistency. The totals were right the first time, as usual. On the way out, I saw Heather and the others getting ready for Trunk or Treat. On my way to the car, I saw the bonfire that Susan was tending. I went over to see if she needed help, but she did not. The Greenway runs behind the church and I have never walked it, so I went down there just to say I touched it. I took a pic to prove it. Then I went back to my car and drove away. They all waved goodbye and I waved back. I cried on the way home. When I got there, the broken chair that we put out by the garbage was gone. I ate some dates and chocolate, then crumbled some salty seaweed into the seaweed soup from yesterday and ate it all. I went back to the garage. I kept finding areas to root through and organize. I guess once the areas of most disorganization were out of the way, I began to see the smaller ones that never caught my attention. We called Michele to ask about a few things we found. I caught up on Sudoku while listening to a QnA session on The Truth About Cancer video series. I looked up the vin number in my glove box. I read that GMO's in Korea must be labeled. Not sure that helps me because I can't read Korean. I looked into LivingFuel as mentioned on TTAC. It was expensive, but I couldn't find any bad reviews. Then it was time for bed.
* The white strip on the red door is a copy of Martin Luther's 95 theses. I did not have time to read them. *

No comments: