Thursday, October 1, 2015

Watching a tree fall

I heard the alarm go off at 8, but I stayed in bed to say some affirmations...and fell asleep. I got up at 9. I turned on the router and laptop. I had to turn the fan off because the temp went down to 70 and I was cold. I swished while reading e-mail. Suddenly I heard the recycle truck across the street. So I flew into action, crushing water jugs and stuffing them into a plastic bag. The other recyclables were already bagged and I ran them out to the road. I took three packets of Vitamin C. I am trying 3 packets every three days to see if that works any better than one packet a day. I exercised, then juiced a very large zucchini. By itself, it made almost twice the juice I normally drink. Then I meditated. I watched a video interview as I made and ate breakfast. Netflix told me they received my last DVD, but had not yet shipped the next one. I checked my queue and saw that all I had in there were two episodes of a series that Lauri warned me not to get. So I quickly looked for other things to put in there. Castle seemed like a safe choice. I drove to quilting in Chris' car. I brought Kurt's quilt along to work on, but did not get to it. I showed Pat my afghan that had some holes in it. She showed me one of the crocheted potholders that she makes, and a dress she made a long time ago. She didn't have the pattern anymore, but it was just a large rectangle with a triangle sewn to it. Apparently it can be worn a lot of different ways. She let me borrow it for a week to copy it. I told everyone that next week would be my last meeting to attend. Pat showed me a strip quilt that she was making for a church family with health problems. I left soon after two to come home. I ate the rest of the fried spleen with kimchee. I listened to an audio while I anchored the ribbon on the hexecontehedron with stitches into the seams and a bead in the middle. Then I went down to find the smallest box that the hexecontehedron would fit into. I measured it and made a cloth bag to fit it. The boy next door came over to say his dad was about to cut down a tree that would fall in our yard. So of course I got out my camera. When it was down, he assured me that he would get it cleaned up by dark. That seemed a little ambitious to me. I brought him a jar of goat cheese. I gave it to his son and suggested he put it in the refrigerator but he seemed not to hear that part. I made a salad and ate it while listening to interviews from the Holistic Oral Health Summit. I sewed a label on the bag around the box. I went downstairs to sort stuff into piles called 'donate', 'throw', 'ship' and 'store'. I swept up dead bugs and chased not-so-dead ones. I selected some batting to give Pat. When I came up to look for Chris, he was already on Skype. We talked and then he added Michele. So the three of us had a good chat before Chris had to go back to work. When he signed off, it ended the call for all of us. I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: