Friday, October 16, 2015

On our way home

Since Chris went to bed way before I did, he also got up way before I did. When I got up and went out to the den, he was sitting there on his laptop. I decided to start the day by exercising to the next Philosopher's Note but the trackpad wasn't working correctly. It acted like there were two fingers on the pad instead of one; changing the size of the font rather than scrolling around on the screen. I scrubbed at it with a sponge, but that did not solve the problem. A pop-up declared an update for Firefox, so I let it and then everything was ok. I exercised, and then made breakfast. Chris took a shower, and then I did. Cecily gave us each a gift from their cruise. Chris got a t-shirt which was so tightly packed into the shape of the ship, that it was nicely wrinkled when he put it on. Some people pay extra for wrinkles like that. I got a table runner/scarf that was hand stamped in Germany. We packed the car and bid his parents farewell. They were packing, too, so it all worked out. We followed the GPS out of town, only running into traffic once and then it was smooth sailing. We talked most of the way to our hotel in Bristol. I went out back to sit in the sun while Chris got on his laptop. When I came in, I watched the third video in the cancer documentary series. I paused it at 5 so we could go to dinner at the Japanese place. I got my usual plate of raw fish. Chris got the chicken tempura. The only downside of raw fish is that my dinner wasn't hot. But we got hot tea. When we got back, I finished the documentary. Chris checked out the TV schedule but there was nothing worth watching. I watched a few short videos as I cleaned out my e-mail. Then we took a break to be together. I noticed I was getting a cold sore, so I opened a tube of essential oil beads, and broke one open. I hoped it would help. I watched the fourth video when it came available at 9, taking notes. Chris went to bed, and when the video ended, I posted to my blog and went to bed as well.

No comments: