Saturday, October 3, 2015

Gloom, despair and agony on me

I was so cold last night, even at 73 degrees, that I had to wear pajamas to bed. And then my hands were cold. And I had a hard time getting to sleep because I kept hearing a drip-drip noise but could not tell where it was coming from.
In the morning, I heard the alarm but did not get up right away. Even though I had swished with hydrogen peroxide last night, my mouth still tasted awful this morning. I brushed with activated charcoal, and then swished with coconut oil after added some essential oils. Then I used the charcoal again. I read e-mail and drank a quart of water. I was chilly. The inside temp was still 73. I decided to have some hot tea, but I had just drunk the last of the distilled water. But I had a large jar of bone broth, so I heated that up on the stove. I drank several mugs of it while looking up info. Soon after 11, I remembered my sewing machine. I searched the USPS website to find out when the post office closed on Saturdays. I hurried to get dressed and used a rolling cart to wheel my machine out to the car. When I got to the post office, I rolled it inside, and there was no line. But he gave me a customs form to fill out and then there was someone behind me, so I got out of the way. But I had so much trouble writing on the form that I asked the clerk for help. He said he could not do that. But a lady in line offered to help. I cannot say why I could not write in the blocks, but I could not. She had no trouble. The line got considerably longer. I waited for the next clerk. He punched in the weight and options came up on the little customer screen. Naturally I picked the lowest one, but he said it only applied to books. I paid $48, and he agonized over the form. Each line had to have a number of items in it and I had no number for 'sewing materials.' Finally the ordeal was over and I came home. I got the mail, including Netflix. My soup was still keeping warm on the stove. I made and ate breakfast while watching two videos on tumeric. I listened for the drip-drip noise but could not locate it. I hope it isn't in the walls. I listened to several audios from the holistic dental health summit while taking down pictures and selecting tablecloths and such to go to Korea. I put the curtains in the dryer to fluff and dust off, then folded them to go as well. I stacked and ran the dishwasher. I taped a piece of paper to the wall in the garage and traced the image shown by the overhead projector. Then I cleared much of the ping pong table in preparation to fold it up and make space for a bigger donation pile. I was surprised that no one responded to my posting of the mower. But then I never saw the post appear so maybe it didn't go through somehow. Then I was overcome with depression, likely from the living and dining rooms being denuded. The place no longer feels like home, so I don't have that comfortable reassurance anymore. I drank some water I found in the fridge. It tasted like stored food. I felt tired all of a sudden so I laid down, but to no avail. All I did was cry. Finally I remembered Netflix and decided to watch an episode of Castle. Most of the way through, Chris called so I paused it to talk to him. He was as supportive as he knew how to be. He said I could stay here if moving made me so miserable. He said he honestly thinks it will be better for me when we are together again. (I needed a good laugh.) Anyway, I was feeling a little better when he signed off so I could finish Castle. When it was over, I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* This is a strip quilt that Pat was making on Thursday *

No comments: