Monday, October 12, 2015

The unexpected deadline

I woke up before the alarm. Apparently Chris woke up in the middle of the night but did not get out of bed so as not to wake me up. I did a quick check of e-mail, before exercising, swishing, etc. I took my shower and then ate breakfast. We were out the door by 10, and at church well before the choir warmed up. I was able to give the pastor's wife the pillow cases. We had toys for Shannon, but her son was sick so she did not come. Although our pastor was here, another pastor gave the sermon because it was consecration Sunday. He spoke about giving and tithing and did a great job. At the end of the service, the ushers handed out slips of paper for us to record our names and how much we promised to give next year. We did not know what to write, so I wrote TBD. After the service, there was a luncheon. We did not stay because we had so much to do. We went to Publix for food for dinner. When we got home, I ate a pear for lunch. Chris started the laundry. I wanted to wash Kurt's quilt and there wasn't time to finish quilting it. So I put two rows of basting through the unquilted part and placed it in the basket. Then Chris took me to the quilt show. He sat in the parking lot while I quickly toured the quilts. The moving people called while I was there, asking to schedule a day to preview what we wanted to ship. They said they could not wait until next Monday, so they would come tomorrow at 9. Yikes! There was an activity like Bingo where you get a card and mark off vendor's symbols. I did some of that. Jody remarked about my ribbon, and I just had to see. My hexecontahedron won Honorable Mention. I took some pics, but overall it was not a pic-worthy as the last show. Still, it was good to see so many people one more time. Then I hurried out to the parking lot to meet Chris. We came home, and I went through my XL list of things to ship to Korea. Chris helped me move the items to the guest room, and mark the ones that were too big. Then I raced back to church to count the offering. It was not as much as I thought and I was done in less than an hour. Everything added up the first time. I came home, and Chris drove me back to the exhibition hall to pick up my quilts. They called me just as I was opening the door, thinking I needed reminding. I figured there would be a line of people, but I just walked up to the table and was handed my quilts. When I got home, I fished out the judge's comments. For the hexecontahedron, she (Pepper Cory) had only positive comments. Chris had supper cooking, so we sat down to eat bowls of bean and chorizo stew. Then he ran the dishwasher. After the laundry finished, I packed my suitcase, certain I was forgetting something. I had stretchy pants that I did not want to wear, but Chris thought they looked ok. He checked the weather for Virginia and it seemed like pants weather. We went downstairs to look through a few piles. Then he went up and I sorted more fabric. I tried to take the top shelf off the shelving unit, but despite my best efforts, the poles would not come off. I put empty boxes in the Ship area to represent the fabric I would have packed if I had more time. Chris wanted a long phone cable and I looked all over for one, but we must have given it away. I drank a quart of water with vitamin C in it. Then we went to bed. I was very tired but could not sleep. Eventually I got up to post to my blog, hoping then sleep would find me. Jet lag isn't contagious, is it?
* Here is a photo I found in a stack of papers *

No comments: