Saturday, October 10, 2015

Lunch with friends

.
After I posted to my blog, I went downstairs again. I packed another drawer of the sewing desk. I packed up my crystals. When I came up to check the phone, there were two messages from my dad. Apparently I never heard the phone ring. He had called from the grocery store. But by the time I heard the messages, it was after 11 CST. I figured it was too late to call him in EST.
I packed a little more, but decided to stay upstairs and do some tapping so I wouldn't miss another phone call. It got very late and I wondered if the plane was delayed or if his phone stopped working. It was after midnight when I thought I heard a car door slam so I got up to check in case he had gotten a taxi. That's when the phone rang. Already wearing my coat because it was cold in the house, I grabbed my purse and headed out. There was hardly anyone on the road. I took the highway and put the pedal to the metal as they say. It gave the engine a good workout. When I got to the airport, I had to wait 5 minutes or so for him to get his luggage and come out. He wanted to drive and said he felt ok, so I let him. It was foggier on the way back than on the way there. He had a nice card for me when we got home and I gave him my dad's card to read. Then we pretty much just fell in bed and went to sleep.
In the morning, I was still tired and did not want to get up, but had to get ready. Chris took a pic of the skin above my ear so I could see why it was so itchy. He showed me pics of the spider on his front door. I tried to show him the spider by my dining room window, but it was gone! Not that I will miss it, but figured I could at least have the satisfaction of showing it to someone who can appreciate such things. I went out to the carport to transfer the leftover fabric from his car to mine. There had been a big spider there, too, but it was gone. The rain last night must have been intense. I exercised to a Philosopher's Notes video, then swished. I picked out some more fabric and put it in my car. Chris left to go to lunch with Josh. I drove to I Love Sushi. Dinah and Alice and Maryanne were sitting out front. We went in together and sat in the 'party room'. It was a booth with some tables added to it. Others showed up until there were 11 of us. Alice gave me cash for my car. (Hope I can find the title). The ladies signed a nice card that looked like a small clipboard and gave me a gift bag which contained a coffee cup with a little kit in it. I got teary reading the card and thinking how much I will miss them all. We ordered and I got the eel and the pickled seaweed. Dinah gave me part of her lunch that had seafood in it. I wish I had gotten a nice group picture. After we ate, I invited them to my car for fabric. Only a few looked. Alice took the rest with her to put out on Monday for the group. I came home and ate Dinah's California roll with kimchi. Then I called Dad to tell him I'd gotten his messages yesterday. As it turns out, I could have called him last night and not woken him up. After the call, I went into the basement to resume sorting and packing. Technically I don't have to pack, but once it is sorted, it had to go somewhere. I sorted piles and tubs on the shelving by the inner wall. When that shelf unit was clear, I stacked boxes to be shipped. I packed up my sewing machine and stuffed the case with fabric. I sorted thread, by color, not wanting to take it all, but still have a selection. I cleaned the thread area, which had what looked like construction debris in it. I cleaned off my sewing desk. Chris came down to announce that he had installed a particularly problematic piece of software/ I went up to properly show appreciation. I packed up my scissors, wrapping them in paper. Chris emptied a shelving unit of boxes of books and put it in the shipping area. I gave him things to stack on it. I guess we skipped supper. We went to bed early. Which is why I am up in the middle of the night, posting to my blog.

No comments: