Monday, October 5, 2015

Rainy day turns sunny after all

I got up soon after the alarm. My mouth tasted funny again, so I gargled with hydrogen peroxide (food grade) and brushed with activated charcoal. I sat on the guest bed and looked through a piece of music I hadn't seen in years but found in with papers and folders and such. It looked difficult, and it was. I played it in college, but I could not play it now. I turned on the router and laptop. I came out to the kitchen. The dust was undisturbed and my black socks were still black. It seemed like another gray and rainy day. The box of cushions with mold or mildew on the box (that I had set out at the street) was gone and I did not hear the garbage truck yet. That boded well for the rest of my collection of things that need to go bye-bye. So I think someone must have taken it. I drank some water with added minerals, and swished with coconut oil and frankincense. I exercised, and juiced. I tried to meditate but a bird kept tapping on the house. I made and ate breakfast while listening to the last dental health audio. I filled Chris' car with all the bags of batting (who needs air bags?) and some fabric and magazines. I drove to quilting. I carried it all inside in a number of trips while they were eating lunch. Dinah asked if they could take me out to lunch on Friday ( a restaurant called I Love Sushi which I had always wanted to try.) I put out the goat cheese that I brought for Lauri. I worked on Kurt's quilt until 2. Then I hauled all the batting back to the car (I think someone took 2 bags), and the fabric and the magazines. I bid everyone who was left farewell. When I returned home, I found a bill in the mail and a very nice anniversary card from my dad. The sun was shining and I was so excited to see it. I sunbathed in the back yard. Then I made a salad. I saw MaryAnn had skyped so I skyped her back. Then I e-mailed Alice to see if she was still interested in buying my car. I put the leftover soup on the stove to heat. I went to the donation pile for details on objects I wanted to post on Freecycle, and then posted them on Freecycle. I tried to dress up with Pat's wrap dress, but the top part was too big and I could not hold it on while seeing how the rest could tie or drape. I put it on the ping pong table to trace, but it was way bigger than any paper I had. So I made notes, drawings, and measurements. Then I put it back on its hanger, ready to be returned. I taped up the labels on my submissions for the quilt show. They need to be delivered tomorrow. As I looked around I was thinking I needed more boxes. When I checked the front porch, there were two more: Amazon and Swanson. I ate two bowls of soup. I watched a tapping video and it was followed by an episode of Star Trek Renegades. I decided that if I was going to watch a show it should be Castle. So I stopped the video and called up the next episode and watched that. I ate a third bowl of soup and some frozen blueberries. The blueberries seemed like a good idea until I remembered that I have a dental appt tomorrow. Then I put on 60' and 70's music on Youtube. I let it play loudly as I worked in my sewing room downstairs, making hand embroidered pillow panels into pillow cases. It is a project the pastor's wife gave me months ago. As I worked, I wondered if it was the last thing I would sew before the machine was packed up. I came up a little after 9:30 to see if Chris was on skype. He wasn't on yet, so I filled the soup pot with hot, soapy water and washed all the utensils. I heard the skype sound and Chris called me. We talked for a short time. His computer had crashed and that used up most of the time he had to talk. He told me how he had sent me a series of cards, one a week, ending with an anniversary card, but since I did not get any of others (yet?), he did not think the anniversary card would come by tomorrow. I was touched just knowing he had sent them, whether they are their way or lost at sea. Then he had to go. The place I order shampoo from was having a sale, so I ordered a bottle and had it sent to Chris' address. Coming from Canada, the shipping was a little expensive. I looked for my Freecycle postings, but none of them had gone out yet. I wrote up my blog notes. I finished washing dishes. I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* this is the quilt that I finished the binding on yesterday *

No comments: