Monday, October 12, 2015

First day of trip

Chris got up at 6 to take his car to the dealership to have it serviced before our trip. I got up sometime before the alarm at 8. I was already online and exercising when it rang. I finished my exercised, swished and drank a quart of water. I called Chris and he was still at the dealership waiting on his car. By 9, he still wasn't home. The lady from the moving company arrived to see what we were shipping to Korea. She had a tablet and she typed in whatever I showed her. It assigned a weight and added it to a total. I showed her the guest room, and the computer and desk, and the basement stuff, and the mower in the garage, and the receiver and speaker system. I told her about the kitchen appliances, and clothing that hadn't been selected yet. She asked about fabric and we guestimated 20 boxes at first, but then, since it was only 3900, we added 10 more boxes. When she said they allowed 14 pounds per box, I told her it weighed way more than that. So she upped it, and still estimated 5000 pounds. She gave me her card and said to call her if we thought of anything else that would go. After she left, I started making 6 breakfasts. I ran out of supplements, so I had to make more of those, as well. Chris came home frustrated that it had taken so long at the dealership. He packed and took a shower. I ate one of the breakfasts, and packed the food box. I added kimchi and the fermented coconut milk. Then I washed up and put on fresh clothes. I shut down my computer and Chris packed the car. We left about 11:45. Since our ultimate destination was DC, we went an hour further than usual. But it seemed to go fast. We pulled eggs out of the food box for lunch. Then I put in my mouthguard. After awhile I worked on Kurt's quilt. Eventually the mouth guard became a problem so I took it out. The kimchi smell made me hungry. Then we arrived at our motel. We brought our suitcases and food inside. There was a Mexican restaurant next door, but it was closed. Chris got on his laptop. I ate a carrot and an egg with kimchi. I forgot to bring chop sticks or a fork. I opened the coffee creamer package to get the two stir sticks. But they did not work well as chop sticks, and bent. Chris offered me the pliers on his multi tool. Yuck! I ended up using a spoon. I got on my laptop. I read e-mail and placed my last Swanson's order to be delivered to the house. Chris had a sandwich. After a while, he set down his computer and turned on the TV to see if there was anything for us to watch. But there wasn't. We cuddled until he fell asleep. Then I got up to post to my blog before turning in for the night.
* Here is a pic from the quilt show yesterday *

No comments: