Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Visiting Marie

Chris got up early and left for breakfast. I got up before the alarm went off and started my usual routine. I checked e-mail, exercised, and ate breakfast. Chris said I had a nightmare last night and I vaguely remembered it. Then I took a shower and got dressed. I spread out Kurt's quilt and marked a path for quilting in the middle of it We packed up and were out around 9. While he drove, I quilted, finishing before we arrived in DC. Following the GPS, we found Marie's house in four hours. She was there to greet us and help us carry in all the stuff we brought for Michele, plus the two cactus plants. I met Carol, the housekeeper. Then we sat and talked. Marie had to leave around 3. Carol put leashes on the dogs to take them for a walk. Chris and I decided to go along. But we were not far from the house when we saw Michele walking back from her job. So Carol went alone. We walked back with Michele and sat out on the deck. We chatted until we felt raindrops, then came in. Michele showed us a pic of the spider from the beach. Then Chris got out his laptop and showed the spider from his front door, and lots of other pics from Korea. When Marie came home, the three of us sat in the living room and continued to visit. A moving company called from Alabama. And left a message. Marie called them back to tell them they had the wrong number since we had not given out her number. But, they did want to talk to us. They had called Chris' parents, who had given them the number here. Carol cooked supper and it smelled really good. I was hungry since we did not have lunch. Around 5:30 she announced supper. We sat in the dining room to eat. We had broccoli, rice, and something like chicken marsala. Every bite got eaten. Marie joked that Carol would think she hadn't made enough. But after everyone left the table, I went back for a pear. Chris got one out of the food box for me. Then we sat in the living room to watch “The Last Kingdom”. I think it had been recorded on DVR. We had to fast forward through commercials. But it seemed to be an episode in an on-going story. It was a little gory. I sat beside Chris during the show. Then she skipped around, showing some Chopped, and some RED, and the very beginning of SHIELD. Marie and Michele headed up to bed. So Chris and I did, too. I sat in bed with my laptop to write to my blog before going to sleep.
* Here is another quilt from the show this past weekend. *

No comments: