Thursday, October 15, 2015

Visiting his parents

I woke up hearing my alarm. I told myself it was only 7am in Alabama and tried to go back to sleep. Chris got up to take a shower. Then I got up and dressed. I exercised, and swished. I made breakfast and ate it while talking to my dad. Kurt got up and we talked until Dad left for the dentist. Patrick came over to peruse coins. Chris packed the car so we were ready to go when Dad got back at noon. Kurt and Patrick left to see a movie. Chris and I went to see his parents. Cecily got out lunch meat and cheese and lettuce. Chris made himself a sandwich. I rolled meat and cheese in lettuce leaves. The four of us talked most of the afternoon. I took a small break to stand outside in the sunlight. Chris and his dad cleaned his car. I talked to Cecily while she made supper – corned beef and cabbage. Cecily sent the guys to the grocery store for raspberry sorbet. We had a very good meal together. At 8:30 their friends skyped them. The connection wasn't working perfectly, but it sounded like they had a very amusing conversation. I tried calling Dad on skype, but he did not answer. I read e-mail, and then started listening to the second video in a documentary series on cancer. It was an hour and a half. Cecily went to bed, and then Chris. Al and I talked about health declines and getting older. Then I finished the documentary, learning about the anti-cancer effects of frankincense oil, and other things. I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* Here is another quilt from the show *

No comments: